Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will first V3 Supercharger be in California? UPDATE: looks like Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the First presentation there is only a need of a single (1) GigaSuperchager
and the #1 GigaFactory's choke point pipeline production at GigaFactory 1 must be the charging of the batteries.

Got it? 1 + 1 + 1 = First :) :p:D:rolleyes:
Now that you mention it, we do know they have Superchargers set up at the GF1 . I suppose they could launch it there, even if it the public won't be able to use it.

Now that you mention it, we do know they have Superchargers set up at the GF1 . I suppose they could launch it there, even if it the public won't be able to use it.

Elon said "First public Tesla V3.0 Supercharger Station goes live Wed 8pm". So I guess the first one could have been at GF1, but the one opening tonight is supposed to be public.

Elon said "First public Tesla V3.0 Supercharger Station goes live Wed 8pm". So I guess the first one could have been at GF1, but the one opening tonight is supposed to be public.

Elon Musk’s tweet literally said “First public Tesla V3.0 Supercharger Station goes live Wed 8pm”

Yeah, hence my message a couple posts earlier that it would not be at the Gigafactory. While it's possible they might have one there already, I don't think it's the one we'll be seeing tonight.

My money is on one of the first ones being Mountain View, CA. Besides being one of the most heavily used superchargers in the country (and the most heavily used for much of its life), it also has the distinct pleasure of being one of the most frequently broken superchargers. A few weeks ago, I was getting a comically bad charge speed (and possibly other problems, I forget), and I called to report it, and they said that only one single cord in the entire place was reading as healthy at that particular moment. So 11 of them were charging at below normal speeds because of equipment malfunctions.

And this has been my experience more often than not at that location. There was a rumor that as soon as the Sunnyvale and Cupertino superchargers came online, they were going to rip out Mountain View and rewire it. I'd imagine they were waiting for the new v3 hardware.
I drove by the Mountain View Supercharger yesterday and there was no work going on near the chargers.

So it appears that it will be in Fremont. From Reddit:

pjhm6uv14jk21.jpg

Not much lead time, especially for non-locals. Along with the Model Y event next week, it seems they're trying to limit the number of attendees by doing last minute invitations. Maybe it's part of their cost-cutting measures to reduce the catering budget at these lavish events? :)

The invitation specified V3 supercharging "your Model 3." So unless they sent different invitations to Model S and X owners, this seems to confirm the higher supercharging rate will only be for Model 3 for now.
Hopefully it's just a mail merge field and that particular email was sent to a Model 3 owner.

Less than 9 hours until we find out for certain.

The invitation specified V3 supercharging "your Model 3." So unless they sent different invitations to Model S and X owners, this seems to confirm the higher supercharging rate will only be for Model 3 for now.
If so, I may not upgrade my X as soon as I'd been thinking. I was hoping the 100kWh packs would be eligible as well.

Reactions: Silicon Desert