Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will FSD autosteer detect cars drifting into my lane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use FSD all of the time, but there are S curves on the tollway where I live and other cars typically drift closer to my car. The Tesla though continues to stay in the center of the lane and the cars appear to get very close. Most of the time, I take over and steer to the left to provide a larger gap between the two cars. Want would Tesla do if the car in the other lane drifts into my lane? Will the Tesla drift to the left to avoid the cars swiping each other? The Tesla appears to be fearless while rounding the curves and does a good job staying in the center lane, but would like to see the car provide a wider gap between cars. Has anyone heard to cases where Tesla on autopilot gets swiped on the side?

I haven’t heard of any cases where Autosteer got so close to another car that they made contact, but that doesn’t mean it never happened. I think your perception of how close you are to the adjacent cars is probably exaggerated, and your car would probably do fine if you let it steer.