Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model X Qualify for Tax Credit in 2024? Or disqualified because of battery requirements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date is also Jan. For what it's worth, two separate long time Tesla vloggers this week have claimed that the X will qualify for the $7500 in 2024 because battery is not made or assembled in China. Tesla sales people should get something definitive on this soon as they will be taking the $7500 off at point of sale.
@BuddysX
I'm not so sure about Tesla " taking the $7500 credit off at point of sale". The Clean Air Act specifies DEALERS, being able to do that IF they so elect.

My local Tesla General Mgr said that Tesla WILL NOT be taking credit at Point of Sale.
I guess we will know for sure in January.

Here's the list of the 10 cars/trucks that will qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit next year that I got from a recent online article published today . This assumes that your MSRP is below the $50k and $80k threshold. If you add any options to a Base Model X it would put the MSRP over the $80k limit and it would lose the tax credit.

1. Chevrolet Bolt EV
2. Chevrolet Equinox EV
3. Ford F-150 Lightning
4. Tesla Model 3 LR and Performance
5. Chevrolet Silverado
6. Tesla Model Y LR and Performance
7. Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
8. Chevrolet Blazer EV
9. Cadillac LYRIQ
10. Tesla Model X - $79,990

Last edited:
Here's the list of the 10 cars/trucks that will qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit next year that I got from a recent online article published today . This assumes that your MSRP is below the $50k and $80k threshold. If you add any options to a Base Model X it would put the MSRP over the $80k limit and it would lose the tax credit.

1. Chevrolet Bolt EV
2. Chevrolet Equinox EV
3. Ford F-150 Lightning
4. Tesla Model 3 LR and Performance
5. Chevrolet Silverado
6. Tesla Model Y LR and Performance
7. Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
8. Chevrolet Blazer EV
9. Cadillac LYRIQ
10. Tesla Model X - $79,990
Tesla has already stated the Model 3 LR will drop to $3750 so that list is not correct.

X

/X batteries are made in the USA. Only the 4360 or se model battery are coming from China. I’m not relying on the tax credit as I’m over the threshold on the X as I want the white interior vs black.
All of that is incorrect.

Model S/X use Panasonic 18650 cells made in Japan.

Tesla’s 4680 cells (not 4380) are made in house at Giga Texas. These were only in the short lived Model Y AWD and now the second gen cells are in the Cybertruck.

Model 3 RWD uses CATL LFP cells made in China.

Model 3 LR uses LG 2170 cells made in China.

Model 3 Performance and all current Model Y (for US market) use Panasonic 2170 cells made in Giga Nevada.

All this says nothing about the actual mineral content source as that’s not public information at this time.

Reactions: GeorgeCostanza