Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will my Model 3 be able to park like this G3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“He doesn’t like to go deep. Unlike me” lmao!

Who really needs auto for a regular parking lot?
Bjxrd and his Dad jokes. :rolleyes:

I would have been more impressed if it had done a one & done back in, but maybe the vehicle doesn't quite have the turn radius? But looking again at its steering choices it looks like it gives up too much room from the corner of the near van to make the turn without a pull-ahead?

It would’ve been quicker to pull in.
Bite your tongue, Back In To GTFO. :cool:

Or you mean it would have been faster to just back in himself? Yeah, this is mostly a toy in this situation. A demonstration. The solid, practical use of 'occupant free' parking is for garages where after you park there's not enough room to open the doors to get out.

I noticed that on the first park demo. I took it as knowing there wasn't any physical object there so could cheat the line some. But maybe thinking back that ties in with having to do a pull-ahead. Either the car's geometry isn't all that good or the algorithm needs work.

I’m very curious if it’s deliberate programming or something about the computer learning, but on all the demos I’ve seen (across companies) the cars are always very hesitant to use full lock on the steering. They usually go for gradual curves and a number of adjustments rather than using 100% of their turning radius and a very aggressive curve...

Whoa OK quite the serious accusations and this is stopping Tesla from making parking improvements? Is stitching together camera's for 360 view and using it for parking patented? Am I wrong? Are the sensors not up to this?

Some chinese company doesn’t have to be quite as worried about safety standards as testa does since they are shielded by a communist country. So it wouldn’t surprise me that they release features a little faster since if someone dies using those features, well, that’s just the cost of progress.

Or you mean it would have been faster to just back in himself? Yeah, this is mostly a toy in this situation. A demonstration. The solid, practical use of 'occupant free' parking is for garages where after you park there's not enough room to open the doors to get out.
Except what happens when the owner of the car next to you returns? If you couldn't open the door to get out - how are they going to get into their car without dinging yours?

Reactions: qdeathstar
Except what happens when the owner of the car next to you returns? If you couldn't open the door to get out - how are they going to get into their car without dinging yours?
I’m talking about a home garage. It is a concern in some areas due to house age and/or very small lots due to high population density.

Yes, in a parking lot with other vehicles it isn’t much use ...unless it can find & park a lot more remotely (drop & pick you up doorstep ) or once most vehicles have this ability to some extent.

Reactions: smatthew
Some chinese company doesn’t have to be quite as worried about safety standards as testa does since they are shielded by a communist country. So it wouldn’t surprise me that they release features a little faster since if someone dies using those features, well, that’s just the cost of progress.

Other than the pathetic racist spirit of your post, you are clearly unfamiliar with Tesla's AutoPilot, AutoSteer, and TACC reliability.
And the excuses we all make for why driver has to always be ready to over-ride Tesla's AP errors....

:rolleyes:

Other than the pathetic racist spirit of your post, you are clearly unfamiliar with Tesla's AutoPilot, AutoSteer, and TACC reliability.
And the excuses we all make for why driver has to always be ready to over-ride Tesla's AP errors....

:rolleyes:

It is not racist. There are plenty of products comming out of China that do not meet UL testing standards, or any testing standards. Especially their electronics. You should peruse AliExpress.... and the chinese government has a history of protecting its companies from legal liabilities. I’m not sure how that is racist against the Chinese as a race.

The driver has to be ready to override because that’s how the system is designed.

And in any case, it doesn’t excuse xpeng ripping off Tesla’s work.