Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will my trade in appraisal expire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a really good question! Was it just the basic appraisal, or did you send in the pictures and accept the trade-in offer?

I've accepted the trade-in offer and am waiting on VIN assignment and MVPA. I'm really hoping they don't (or can't) take back the offer.

If it's just a basic appraisal, though, I can almost guarantee you'll have to resubmit.

That's a really good question! Was it just the basic appraisal, or did you send in the pictures and accept the trade-in offer?

I've accepted the trade-in offer and am waiting on VIN assignment and MVPA. I'm really hoping they don't (or can't) take back the offer.

If it's just a basic appraisal, though, I can almost guarantee you'll have to resubmit.
I second this. I accepted trade in offer as well and got loan approval from Tesla. Waiting on MVPA and Vin. It could be 2-3 months before I get the car.

The trade in process is specifically named "Offer" which is open for 30 days. Once you hit the 'Accept' button, you have created a binding contract. The 30 days is the term for the offer to be accepted, not for the delivery of the Y to take place.

That said, every week that they delay delivery means a reduction in value of the trade so it is important for them to deliver the Y and close out the deal so they either go to auction with a non-Tesla or get it on the used Tesla site. It's hard to believe they would allow the trade to be locked in unless they have scheduled delivery within a short time frame, adjust for COVID-19 closure.

Sent in pictures and accepted. I’ve called multiple times and have been told every time that it is not a concern because I will get car by end of the month. I’m getting very frustrated at this lack of transparency.

For what it is worth, I was explicitly told by a Sales rep here in Seattle that they would require re-evaluating after 30 days. He actually told me not to even bother worrying about the offer because he didn't think I'd get mine anytime soon. I ended up declining Tesla's offer anyway.

For what it is worth, I was explicitly told by a Sales rep here in Seattle that they would require re-evaluating after 30 days. He actually told me not to even bother worrying about the offer because he didn't think I'd get mine anytime soon. I ended up declining Tesla's offer anyway.

This! I spoke to an agent over Chat, Trade-in will need to be re-evaluated once expired. Bummer!

Just got this text from my DS:

"At this time, a VIN has not been assigned to your order. Once a VIN is assigned, you will receive a text message with instructions for scheduling your delivery appointment. We are still pushing to make deliveries happen by the end of the month. As long as you don't go over 1,000 miles from when your trade-in was inspected, you'll be fine. If the mileage changes drastically, we'll need to update the trade-in offer."