Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will PUP with 19" or 20" wheel swap = same range as LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this theory correct? Or are other factors at play between the PUP vs. Performance "stealth" when determining whether the range will be the same as LR assuming the same wheel size? Since the LR states the same range with the 19" or 20" wheels, I'm trying to determine whether this will be true. Range is super important to me, based on some of the long-distance driving I do, and the range hit with the 21" wheels, not to mention the cost for tires and potential damage from road issues, is simply not worth it to me. But I do like having the rest of the PUP package vs. Performance "stealth".

Is this theory correct? Or are other factors at play between the PUP vs. Performance "stealth" when determining whether the range will be the same as LR assuming the same wheel size? Since the LR states the same range with the 19" or 20" wheels, I'm trying to determine whether this will be true. Range is super important to me, based on some of the long-distance driving I do, and the range hit with the 21" wheels, not to mention the cost for tires and potential damage from road issues, is simply not worth it to me. But I do like having the rest of the PUP package vs. Performance "stealth".
Has this been answered? I haven't seen any solid conclusion. I need aftermarket wheel options for my PUP besides the TAPOUT and Martian and Ohm I have read about.

Has this been answered? I haven't seen any solid conclusion. I need aftermarket wheel options for my PUP besides the TAPOUT and Martian and Ohm I have read about.

I changed MYPUP 21s first to 20s, then asked Tesla SC to update the wheel config. They did by OTA software push - then my rated range at 100% SoC also changed to 307 miles, previously 280 miles.

Settled for 19" Apollo/Gemini wheels for smoother ride.
Screenshot_20200606-210635_Tesla.jpg

Attachments

• 20200606_103202.jpg
    20200606_103202.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200606_153639.jpg
    20200606_153639.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 20200317_181947.jpg
    20200317_181947.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 94
I changed my 21’s to 20’s. Although the ride is significantly better, range also increased but it did not change my total available. I am going to see if they will change setting to 20’s like Robo above when it goes in for seat repair.

I changed my 21’s to 20’s. Although the ride is significantly better, range also increased but it did not change my total available. I am going to see if they will change setting to 20’s like Robo above when it goes in for seat repair.
According to Robo it's OTA so you can probably just call them and ask them to push you the updated configuration.

Reactions: preilly44