Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla accept an Auto Convenience Check?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day all,
Will Tesla accept an Auto Convenience Check ?

The check is to buy a new car however it states it needs to me a franchised dealership .

Specifically this is from Schools First credit Union . I will write out the amount to pay as they gave me up to $60,000 loan to get the car .

TIA all !
Force

Ok nice, so if you can pay with a personal check I think the bank check would work , thanks all !

I just didn’t know what the “franchised dealership” was all about . I’d guess that would mean you can’t go to a mom and pop no brand car dealer .

Since when? I was told personal checks specifically would not be accepted. But bank checks are ok.
They've always taken checks personal or not. SA's will say all kinds of noise like they don't take anything but ACH. Mine said they won't take certified check aka bank check. We told them there is no way in hell we're paying in full for a car sight unseen. Google it, ppl have paid off the car in full with a personal check.

Reactions: DerbyDave
They've always taken checks personal or not. SA's will say all kinds of noise like they don't take anything but ACH. Mine said they won't take certified check aka bank check. We told them there is no way in hell we're paying in full for a car sight unseen. Google it, ppl have paid off the car in full with a personal check.
When we received a VIN last December for a MYP we had ordered (subsequently canceled) I am almost positive that a personal check wasn’t one of the payment options listed in the docs we received. And our SA had also said they recently quit taking personal checks as payments.
Perhaps Forcelite can look through his docs and set me straight, since they just got a VIN. Honestly, I hope I’m wrong. I’d prefer to simply write a check.

Thanks all for the info . The delivery center said they would take a bank connivence check . I’ll ask about a personal check in Sunday

@Forcelite i also got a convenience check from schoolsfirst! Did you bring the convenience check with you on delivery day, and you picked up the car fine?
Any updates on using the Auto Convenience Check from SFFCU to pay for/take delivery of your Tesla?