Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla be adding youtube music anytime soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YouTube Music must have a stable protocol for the mobile app to use. Google could let Tesla use it or build a new one.

Teslas are popular in Google parking lots...
I think the reality is Google will have to code the app. YouTube premium has life support technicians. If enough of us contact support and start complaining maybe they will finally do something. It's not worth it to me to subscribe to another app when I can use my Bluetooth for now. It would be nice to just have it work through the car though. I am going to complain to Google now that I've had this Tesla for a month. I pay them for TV service and you to Premium. I also have a business account through Google so I'm going to start complaining. I pay them close to $200 a month so I think I have the right to start fussing at them.

Google would have to help with a service agreement and ideally some code, but only Tesla has the ability to program their vehicles outside of web pages.

It's a great idea to ask Google for this feature, but please make a nice request, not a complaint for something they are not empowered to do.

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Google would have to help with a service agreement and ideally some code, but only Tesla has the ability to program their vehicles outside of web pages.

It's a great idea to ask Google for this feature, but please make a nice request, not a complaint for something they are not empowered to do.
After seeing this I submitted feedback through the Youtube Music app requesting Tesla vehicles to be added as a supported platform. If enough of us request it they may actually implement it.

Reactions: Transformer
Streaming ytube music does not give you control or any kind of display other than the current tune playing . I subscribe to ytube music that is why I want it . Don't want to subscribe to another music app for 20 bucks or more a month.

You have to start the app on your phone and control it from there.
Also I would like to have a version of waze that is interactive on the Tesla Screen without having to
use a secondary device and a phone hotspot. Having Waze without being able to report
stuff defeats the purpose of Waze. (Real time feedback to the database to help other people )

Tesla needs and app store at least for the common apps.

Streaming ytube music does not give you control or any kind of display other than the current tune playing . I subscribe to ytube music that is why I want it . Don't want to subscribe to another music app for 20 bucks or more a month.

You have to start the app on your phone and control it from there.
Also I would like to have a version of waze that is interactive on the Tesla Screen without having to
use a secondary device and a phone hotspot. Having Waze without being able to report
stuff defeats the purpose of Waze. (Real time feedback to the database to help other people )

Tesla needs and app store at least for the common apps.
I use my YouTube music from my phone using command voice, ok Google Play "x" song on YouTube music... Android auto experience with YM is so much better

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the benefit of YouTube music over Spotify or Tidal?
Big difference
Bring an avid audiophile, I have tried all the platforms, there are pros and cons to all, but YTM is what works best for me. I have a collection of 19000 tracks that I carry with me at all times. But I need a music app as back up.
YTM has a catalogue that includes cover versions, small artists, music hobbyists who are doing some amazing work, remixes… I’m addition to a lot of fringe and experimental music, all the stuff you can’t find on legacy music apps.
In addition, it is shocking that some amazing mainstream music is not available on Spotify, maybe because there is a regional thing. For example, Open Gate by Michael Schenker is not on Spotify, and hasn’t been for the last 10 years !!! Unbelievable.
YTM has a far bigger global reach, in addition to all the other benefits of YT premium you get etc

So yes, big deal.

Tesla, if you are listening, please please please bring the app… puhlease