Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla make a European version of the Tesla 3 (with hatchback, like the Euro Civic Honda)?

If you have the choice, what would you choose:

• - Model 3: I like the sedan look with large panoramic window in the back, but less practical trunk.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • - Euro Model 3: I want a hatch back, and prefer lesser glass and a larger practical trunk hatch, lik

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • - Model Y: I like a taller, more SUV-esk type of body hatch back, but might cost more (Falcon doors

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • - Model 2: Shorter body length, with hatchback like a BMW i3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - Cannot wait for so long, will buy another EV or Hybrid hatchback (Bolt, Leaf, e-Golf, Volt, Prius

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - Other. (please explain)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
After the big Wow! when watching the Model 3 presentation, like many other Tesla Fan,
I get puzzled about the Tesla 3 not providing a hatch back like the Model S.

I found the Model 3 “one glass roof” to be very cool, however I don’t get sold by the trunk design:
I would prefer less glass, and getting a larger trunk opening, like the Model S.

Note: For many years, Honda has been selling an Euro Civic 5 doors hatchback, not available in North America.
Interestingly, I just noticed this article: This is the Euro Honda Civic that's headed to America

I already put a deposit for two model 3, for myself and wife, however I am considering
waiting for the Model Y unless an Euro Tesla 3 hatchback become available, or cancel
my two reservations because I will never buy the current Tesla 3 with such less practical
trunk, since I am used of the versatility of having a hatch back.

What would you choose in your case? (See pool)

I'm in the same boat -- I have never owned a sedan and would like to keep it that way.
I'll give Tesla the benefit of the doubt and wait to see the car in person before deciding whether to continue my reservation, but I'm also quite likely to wait for a hatchback version.

The hatchback is the Model Y.

For the sedan shape, and rear seat headroom, then need the glass roof. With glass roof, no true hatchback. I'd probably prefer the hatchback, but I can live with this...