Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the X fit in my garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you already run the HPWC? You could also have it wired towards the garage door. I’d actually recommend that with a 20’ cord just in case your door ever breaks or you end up with an additional Tesla
It’s a NEMA 14-50 socket in the wall covered with lockable weather proof case. Keeping out of way with the little ones around. Spent a little fortune to keep it clean and out of way so not sure if I want to spend more to get the outlet by the garage at this point. Our torsion springs both broke this year so one less issue to worry about hopefully.

1A510F55-C61C-4B3E-9F9A-8E686D33CFB1.jpeg

1A71177B-DAA7-4835-A11A-A42FB8DE80DF.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a NEMA 14-50 socket in the wall covered with lockable weather proof case. Keeping out of way with the little ones around. Spent a little fortune to keep it clean and out of way so not sure if I want to spend more to get the outlet by the garage at this point. Our torsion springs both broke this year so one less issue to worry about hopefully.

View attachment 340217

View attachment 340218

Ok that’s not the worse thing in the world. Your cord will still reach all the way back and you can still get a reel/hanger in the back if you decide to pull head first instead of backing in.

View attachment 340217

View attachment 340218

For future reference. I can't tell if those are 2x6 or 2x4. If 2x4 this is out of code and the wall may be compromised. Specific concern in the area where the conduit bend is inches away from the lateral run. The drop should have been done along the same path as the 110V boxes.
walls.png

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
I have a 4 and 7 year old children so maybe they don’t need the full wing open to get out? By the time they get older hopefully the wife will get a Tesla also.

Okay I think this is the part that I may not be getting. While I could open our FWD door inside garage, I almost never did. I let the kid out the back right before I enter the garage. It is the same with loading... I summon the car out and then load the passengers. Is it because you are in Chicago that the weather could be so bad that you don't really want to unload the kids outside the garage?

BTW, your outlet is upside down. Ground should be up.

• Love
Reactions: EnzoXYZ and P85_DA
Okay I think this is the part that I may not be getting. While I could open our FWD door inside garage, I almost never did. I let the kid out the back right before I enter the garage. It is the same with loading... I summon the car out and then load the passengers. Is it because you are in Chicago that the weather could be so bad that you don't really want to unload the kids outside the garage?
Yes correct the snow, ice and cold temps especially! In the summer we park the cars outside often. So it’s only the winter time that I worry about the having both cars in the garage and me stuck with the cramp space.