Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will UK FSD price go up 01/09/20?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's very much an opinion rather than fact, peoples circumstances and priorities are not all the same. Yes it's expensive, but so are lots of things. I don't have a Rolex for £3K as my phone shows the time, that doesn't seem to mean that no one buys fancy watches.

I would buy it again, and I would suggest that many others would also. I would suggest people buy it based on what it delivers right now rather than prediction for the future, that way it's a nice surprise if it adds value.
I had my reasons for buying it, all of which remain valid and I have zero regrets. I do not disparage anyone who chooses not to get FSD, as it is very much a personal choice. I totally agree with you @GRiLLA -- buy it for what it is and does today. Any future improvements become a welcome bonus but I have no illusions my car will be able to self drive in the foreseeable future on narrow UK country lanes or even anything other than motorway driving (which still needs improvement).

Reactions: GRiLLA
I chose not to buy FSD. I would have loved to. Looking back over historic journeys in either of our cars, motorway trips tend to be twice annually. That’s largely because Norfolk is a bit short on motorways!
This year, haven’t been near one because of Covid.
Hereabouts there are a number of roads which have grass rather than a white line to define the the middle of the road. That confuses AP to my enjoyment!

@Durzel and all,

thank you for input, for now I’ve put the funds into shares which I’d never thought of doing so just have the tense wait to see if it was worth while!

I’m going to explore the car fully and then decide ahead of next price hike how I feel - I’ll be doing some 5 hr each way motorway trips now that trains are less of an option for me & this is a longer term car for me I think (unless I win big on these Tesla shares...) but I also think city driving and remote Scottish roads isn’t going to be compatible at all with the (Current) FSD.

Multi camera parking may also replace and be better than auto park.

Smart summon would be great for the tight lane I need to park in (with pebbledash walls to grate the car doors!) but if I park offcentre and alone I’ll be ok. So whilst it excites the geek in me, sensible has won this round.... so it’s on pause but subject to review!!