Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you be able to access the underside of the bed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I can tell from some CAD modelling, the Model S battery pack only reaches to the back of the cab. The floor on the CT is at least two cells high though, so it could be shorter. So there is some room between the battery and the rear drivetrain for tanks, if they don't put something else in there.

Behind the rear axle they have that under tray storage box, which also means a spare tyre can't fit underneath, which is sort of essential for a 4x4. EVs aren't immune to punctures, especially off road with extra weight. I agree that an optional under bed tank option would be great, even maybe some tool storage but its unlikely to happen.

On the other hand the frunk could potentially be huge, as there about 2 cubic meters of volume under the hood and dash. It needs the HVAC in there and some safety gear, and of course the fron drivetrain, but I'm expecting about 400L of space in there, which is similar to a smal suv trunk.