Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you defer your deliver to wait for the EV tax cred?

Defer the order (Yes/No/Maybe)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still holding on to the hope that start date for the deduction will be the day bill is signed. Or Tesla offers something of value to encourage delivery before EOY.

If someone rejects a VIN in, say, December, do they go to the back of the line as if they just placed a brand new order on that day or does Tesla offer a new VIN again in few weeks?

Reactions: Gurule92
I was supposed to take delivery last Friday (9/10). I thought this would have all been wrapped up by August. I'm on hold until 10/1 to see how the vote goes. If it gets Manchin'd, I'll take delivery. I'm willing to wait until 1/1 for $8K though.

Look at this, I don't understand since the MYP order timeline is likely 4 weeks, why people cannot wait four weeks?

1631943528832.png

I was supposed to take delivery last Friday (9/10). I thought this would have all been wrapped up by August. I'm on hold until 10/1 to see how the vote goes. If it gets Manchin'd, I'll take delivery. I'm willing to wait until 1/1 for $8K though.
Youre not waiting until 1/1 though. You're realistically getting it closer to April since you'll go to the end of the line and it is already March.

Reactions: voxel
Youre not waiting until 1/1 though. You're realistically getting it closer to April since you'll go to the end of the line and it is already March.
IME, you wouldn’t necessarily go to the back of the line. When I took my order off hold, new orders were either January or February but when I removed my hold, the new EDD was late November. Its a pretty common belief that you go to the end of the line, though. Even my SA was surprised by the new EDD as the plan at the time was for me to take delivery in 2022. At that point I decided to stop trying to micromanage my EDD and kept the order.

That said, an 8K credit at POS would have me pushing back my order in a heartbeat. If that meant late Q1 or even early Q2 delivery, I could live with that.

IME, you wouldn’t necessarily go to the back of the line. When I took my order off hold, new orders were either January or February but when I removed my hold, the new EDD was late November. Its a pretty common belief that you go to the end of the line, though. Even my SA was surprised by the new EDD as the plan at the time was for me to take delivery in 2022. At that point I decided to stop trying to micromanage my EDD and kept the order.

That said, an 8K credit at POS would have me pushing back my order in a heartbeat. If that meant late Q1 or even early Q2 delivery, I could live with that.
Sure. The challenge is that *everyone* will be trying to time their deliveries like this. So it may be hard to coerce the time you want.

Also posted somewhere else but is Tesla gonna sell more than 500 cars in Q4 in US if the bill passes in two weeks?
People will still buy if they need a car. Other car makers are also have supply chain issues, and wait time as well. Used to be laughable when you buy normal ICE cars at msrp, now some of them will be considered a deal with low inventories and dealer markups. Crazy times.

Reactions: KJD
It'll come when it comes. I learned my lesson about trying to precisely manage delivery dates after removing my first hold. As eager as I am to get the MY, I can summon a lot of patience for $8K.
Yeah. I do think for people that can wait (logistically), it will be silly not to once/if this credit is passed. The challenge is whether to wait on it for those with deliveries soon.

For myself, I could be receiving the car before the supposed vote (9/27). Also, I have a $5k discount on the current car price, and if I try to delay until next year, Tesla may cancel my order (as they have done for some people who have not taken delivery within a year). So for me, it's risk $5k to get $7.5k, or $2.5k savings if they cancel my order and probably not getting my car for another 6 months. Not worth it to me.

I think for people out there that can wait for the 4860s, new casting, and tax bill, they will get a very refreshed car at an awesome price. But...they will also be outdated after Tesla adds the next new thing a few months later :p.

Reactions: KJD
Yeah. I do think for people that can wait (logistically), it will be silly not to once/if this credit is passed. The challenge is whether to wait on it for those with deliveries soon.

For myself, I could be receiving the car before the supposed vote (9/27). Also, I have a $5k discount on the current car price, and if I try to delay until next year, Tesla may cancel my order (as they have done for some people who have not taken delivery within a year). So for me, it's risk $5k to get $7.5k, or $2.5k savings if they cancel my order and probably not getting my car for another 6 months. Not worth it to me.

I think for people out there that can wait for the 4860s, new casting, and tax bill, they will get a very refreshed car at an awesome price. But...they will also be outdated after Tesla adds the next new thing a few months later :p.
You’d get canceled for sure. Elon’s no peach lol

• Funny
Reactions: dietcoke
Found this article that says the credit would be retroactive back to purchases made after May 24, 2021. There seems to be conflicting information out there right now so may need to be verified.