Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve searched the forums and can’t seem to find this issue reported anywhere, so may be unique to my 2021 M3.

Randomly, and within 5 seconds or so of onset, my windows will look like the attached image. this has happened 3 times in the past 6 weeks.

Internal air circulation is set to auto at 20 degrees c, and the issue manifests mid-drive (on one occasion when I’d been driving for 20 mins already). On each occasion, the outside temp has varied between 6-12 degrees Celsius.

Any ideas what this could be? I’m booked in to the SC for investigation next week, so will see what comes from their checks.

Attachments

• F9E0D809-8DE4-4595-BB07-385D32A77A2F.jpeg
    F9E0D809-8DE4-4595-BB07-385D32A77A2F.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 95
It looks like the air conditioning isn't working (or switched on) or recirculation is active?? My windows never steam up.
Recirculation was also my first thought when this happened initially, and so it’s been turned off since. But unfortunately it’s still happening.
I set my HVAC at auto for summer and winter and never got foggy windshield/windows problems.

Setting internal air re-circulation would magnify the interior humidity in the car worse.

You need fresh air from outside to push the interior humidity out.
You’re right there. If the windows are down, then it doesn’t happen. But due to the current cold weather, my windows are rarely down.
Have you checked the carpets for water ingress? Although it would be like that when you get in, rather than after 20mins.
I haven’t, but I will see if I can find any. The l Tesla rep who booked me in did say that they’d be checking for water ingress but they didn’t suggest where.

I’ve searched the forums and can’t seem to find this issue reported anywhere, so may be unique to my 2021 M3.

Randomly, and within 5 seconds or so of onset, my windows will look like the attached image. this has happened 3 times in the past 6 weeks.

Internal air circulation is set to auto at 20 degrees c, and the issue manifests mid-drive (on one occasion when I’d been driving for 20 mins already). On each occasion, the outside temp has varied between 6-12 degrees Celsius.

Any ideas what this could be? I’m booked in to the SC for investigation next week, so will see what comes from their checks.
If you were running climate in the Car from the App and then switched Climate off via the App it will remain off until you enable it in the Car, could it be this ?

Reactions: Tehd
If you were running climate in the Car from the App and then switched Climate off via the App it will remain off until you enable it in the Car, could it be this ?
Sadly not, the climate control is definitely running when this sudden condensation pops up.

Thanks to you all for the input so far. I’ll update this thread when I have an answer (or otherwise) post the Service Centre visit.

Sadly not, the climate control is definitely running when this sudden condensation pops up.

Thanks to you all for the input so far. I’ll update this thread when I have an answer (or otherwise) post the Service Centre visit.
It’s happened to me once on a cold night drive. I put it down to having the fan dialled down too low and on recirc… the hvac was overwhelmed. I switched to auto and it cleared.