Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Windows try to “close” after brake pedal is pressed.

Hello all, it seems there’s something funky going on with the recent software where the windows on my Model 3 tries to “close” after I press on the brake pedal to put the car in drive.

The windows are “up” in this case, and it appears to do it with ALL of the windows, not just the driver side….even though the other windows are already all the way up/closed.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a setting to turn it off that I’m missing?

I didn’t see a thread on his when I did a search.

In cold weather, the car might adjust the windows a bit downwards. That is in case the windows freeze to the rubbers, preventing them from going down when you open the door and damaging the chrome trim. Maybe you parked in "over freezing" temperatures and you are now starting a drive "under freezing"...

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
It’s definitely a new feature for mine. Get out and close the door and all 4 windows drop about 1/4”. Get in and close the door and they all go back to fully closed. It never did that last winter.
Yes. For those of us on the FSD beta fork, this functionality changed with 2021.44.30.10 (10.9).

It's possible they just changed the temperature limit for this to happen and those of us in moderate climates now see it whereas the northern folk have always seen it in winter.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Yes. For those of us on the FSD beta fork, this functionality changed with 2021.44.30.10 (10.9).

It's possible they just changed the temperature limit for this to happen and those of us in moderate climates now see it whereas the northern folk have always seen it in winter.
Yeah, probably a limit change. I believe I've seen recent complaints of windows freezing and probably it happened because when they parked when the temp was above the limit and then it reached freezing temps later. By raising the limit, this might be avoided. Not sure however if this can be turned off for those of us that aren't in climates where this is an issue.

Reactions: RNHurt

HAL2001

Sep 23, 2020
NJ
I just started noticing my rear window moving when I exit and close the drivers door. (2020 M3LR 2021.44.30.8). Nothing seems to happen with other windows when I enter. I was going to reboot and recalibrate the windows but I will have to pay close attention now and see if it could be the freeze protection mentioned here.

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
Ok, I'm glad I found this thread. This has been happening to me for the past few months and I thought something was wrong. I was going to reboot the car but I just always forgot about it. Until I get in the car in the morning and all the windows jump when I put my foot on the brake.

Thank $DEITY I'm not going insane!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC