Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield defog help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2016 used model X. Great vehicle.
However, the windshield literally takes 45 minutes to Defog.

I have read all the threads on the defog vs defrost button. I have tried to turn on AC and play with recirculate but nada, no improvements. If you hit defrost, that takes over control of everything anyhow.

the weather is just above freezing and essentially you need to use defrost as if you run defog it just gets worse. So then you are baking, as it gets super hot in car, but barely touches windshield.

after preheating for 20 minutes yesterday, and driving for 25, still top quarter of windshield was foggy.

I read on one thread there might be a retrofit Tesla will do. Anyone know about this, or cost?

thanks.

If you hit the defog button twice it will turn from blue to red and defrost quickly. Have you tried that?

Yes. Tried that. Neither work.

Is your A/C working fine? Car is using it to dehumidify air inside. Also try cleaning interior side of windshield - I had simar problem with windshield fogging too much. After cleaminthe glass it stopped fogging.

AC seem to be working. I will try to clean the glass. thanks.

I bought a 2016 used model X. Great vehicle.
However, the windshield literally takes 45 minutes to Defog.

I have read all the threads on the defog vs defrost button. I have tried to turn on AC and play with recirculate but nada, no improvements. If you hit defrost, that takes over control of everything anyhow.

the weather is just above freezing and essentially you need to use defrost as if you run defog it just gets worse. So then you are baking, as it gets super hot in car, but barely touches windshield.

after preheating for 20 minutes yesterday, and driving for 25, still top quarter of windshield was foggy.

I read on one thread there might be a retrofit Tesla will do. Anyone know about this, or cost?

thanks.

Grab some of this and follow the instructions to apply. It works wonders for me! Here's a link for Canada:

CarPro Fog Fight Kit (100ml)

• Helpful
Reactions: Ocelot