Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Mesh Grill - Defrost Vents - Changed Again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This week, while I was walking around the lot at my local SC, I did notice that the new "Refreshed" Model S have now gone back to the solid mesh interior windshield grill. On my Model S, 124xxx the interior grill has vents for the defrost. Presumably, the vent version was done to enhance defrosting air flow. The downside of these vents is that under certain lighting conditions, you "see" the vents as a reflection on the inside of the windshield.

So, somewhere around late April, just prior to the refresh S, it looks like the solid mesh interior windshield grill has made its return. I wonder if Telsa has also upgraded the defrosting system in order to rectify the air flow issues. Note that very early Model S also had the solid mesh interior windshield grill.

Here are two snaps, the upper one shows the defrost vents and the lower photo shows the solid mesh windshield grill.
Small change but, there you go, constant tiny improvements that make for a refined car.

BTW, on some new asphalt pavement yesterday, I fired up my db meter pro, with the HVAC off, and the S sitting still, the average db was 41, with the S moving at 40 MPH, the reading was an average of 50.... very quiet.... again new pavement.
Pavement has a great deal to do with road noise.

IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ