Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replaced — how do you recalibrate AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I has my windshield replaced yesterday at the SC due to ghosting and now every time I use Autopilot the car hugs the right lane consistently even after driving 50+ miles. Is there any way I can recalibrate it myself or do I need to bring this back to the SC?

I has my windshield replaced yesterday at the SC due to ghosting and now every time I use Autopilot the car hugs the right lane consistently even after driving 50+ miles. Is there any way I can recalibrate it myself or do I need to bring this back to the SC?
wait it out, the camera recalibrates all the time. If you bring it back to the SC they might just reset the calibration and you'll lose AP completely until it's done.

wait it out, the camera recalibrates all the time. If you bring it back to the SC they might just reset the calibration and you'll lose AP completely until it's done.
I tried this and had no luck.

I went to the SC and they tested/verified and said my cameras were calibrated correctly and sent me on my way. Still hugged to the side and was not centered.

I went back and they opted to reset my “DAS” (they pronounced it DOS) which apparently cleared all AP cache or settings. They told me it’d take 50-100 miles before AP became usable again, but the moment I left the SC autopilot was usable AND centered in the lane. As far as I know, clearing thr “DAS” worked for me.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn

I went to the SC and they tested/verified and said my cameras were calibrated correctly and sent me on my way. Still hugged to the side and was not centered.

I went back and they opted to reset my “DAS” (they pronounced it DOS) which apparently cleared all AP cache or settings. They told me it’d take 50-100 miles before AP became usable again, but the moment I left the SC autopilot was usable AND centered in the lane. As far as I know, clearing thr “DAS” worked for me.
Thanks for the info. How do you reset your “DAS”?

Thanks for the info. How do you reset your “DAS”?
Just delete the /autopilot/vision/calibration* files.
Nah, just kidding, only SC could do that.

That said when my windshield was replaced for the first time I had a bit of misalignment myself that then self-corrected.

Hm, really weird.

This totally worked. Great suggestion and no need to bring it back to the SC. As I mentioned in the other SW 2017.42 thread, the performance of AP2 after the calibration period the best I've seen to date. Thanks!

How long did you have to wait for the windshield after requesting for replacement?