Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replacement cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 reservation holder here and just trying to estimate the costs of owning one. A cost I assume that will be significant for me will be the windshield since the car will be used for highway travel 90% of the time (40k km annually), in Edmonton, AB, where a bunch of sand (and rocks) are always on the road. Our current vehicle, we have to replace the windshield every 2 years. Currently a normal windshield replacement for our vehicle is only $250-300 CAD.

Has anyone replaced their windshield? If so, is it around $1500 USD? What's everyone's thoughts on aftermarket windshield options becoming available once hundreds of thousands of model 3's are on the road? Think the price will drop significantly?

Model 3 reservation holder here and just trying to estimate the costs of owning one. A cost I assume that will be significant for me will be the windshield since the car will be used for highway travel 90% of the time (40k km annually), in Edmonton, AB, where a bunch of sand (and rocks) are always on the road. Our current vehicle, we have to replace the windshield every 2 years. Currently a normal windshield replacement for our vehicle is only $250-300 CAD.

Has anyone replaced their windshield? If so, is it around $1500 USD? What's everyone's thoughts on aftermarket windshield options becoming available once hundreds of thousands of model 3's are on the road? Think the price will drop significantly?

I would say 4-5 times the cost of a std windshield.

Hi Rhaekar, so does Safelite already have windshield replacements for the Model 3? Is it a lot cheaper?

I didn't have to do it myself, I was just asking for a friend since I was already at the service center. Safelite just orders it from Tesla and installs it. My windshield was replaced by Tesla under warranty. I had a small streak in between the panes of glass.