Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Replacement For Model 3 - Toronto Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

My chip on the edge of my windshield decided to graduate to a full-on crack.

I have a 2018 Model 3 and was wondering if any other Model 3 owners out there have had to replace their windshield.

If you have replaced your windshield, which auto glass shop did you go to (or does Tesla SC replace windshields in Ontario?) and how was your experience with the quality of the work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their windshield replacement experience.

Hello Everyone,

My chip on the edge of my windshield decided to graduate to a full-on crack.

I have a 2018 Model 3 and was wondering if any other Model 3 owners out there have had to replace their windshield.

If you have replaced your windshield, which auto glass shop did you go to (or does Tesla SC replace windshields in Ontario?) and how was your experience with the quality of the work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their windshield replacement experience.

I have no personal experience & Canadian SCs do windshields from what I have heard. No idea of cost, time etc. Should be able to email, call, drop by ( of not too far ) to get a quote. The Oakville SC has always been very helpful with me.

I have no personal experience & Canadian SCs do windshields from what I have heard. No idea of cost, time etc. Should be able to email, call, drop by ( of not too far ) to get a quote. The Oakville SC has always been very helpful with me.
Thanks for your help/suggestion!

I have now booked myself into Oakville SC as that is the SC closest to me.

Their service there has been top notch!

I got mm model 3 replaced at the Lawrence service centre back in August 2018. Cost was 670 for parts and 316 for labor. You have to leave the car over night. hope this helps
Thank you for sharing the pricing info!

Unfortunately, the quote I got has a higher pricing now, but regardless, I just pay my $500 deductable.

The windshield itself is $780 and labour is $350.
The "Dow BetaSeal Express" is another $44 and Betaprime Chemical is another $8.

Total is $1335.66 with taxes.

Irene at Oakville said it should be around 3-4 hours or so.

My NUMBER ONE concern however is whenever a major repair or surgery is done to any car in general, sometimes other things can get damaged when fixing the target issue.

I really pray that I get great staff to work on my windshield replacement who are very careful and won't scratch my paint job or do any cosmetic to the dashboard etc etc.

I hope your windshield replacement was flawless?

Thank you again!

• Informative
Reactions: KayZee
Noticed a small chip right next to the passenger side A-pillar this morning. I called Speedy and they said that they aren't allowed to work on Tesla since they don't have access to Tesla OEM windshields in case the crack spreads while they're working on it.

Did anybody here have luck with a different auto glass shop? Or do you have to go through with a Tesla SC and they fix it? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting a very small rock chip fixed by a 3rd party vendor? Tesla SC wants to replace the entire windshield per the cost estimate that they just sent to me for the appointment that I had booked via the app - $732 parts + $350 labor.

I had my Model 3 windshield replaced at the Tesla Mississauga service center in July.
It came to $1335 including tax.

It is slightly less now:

upload_2021-1-22_19-52-55.png