Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even in comparison to a typical rain sensor implementation using refracted light to determine rain condition, the new hw 4.0 camera resolution should be able to quite easily determine rain saturation and adjust the auto wipers - this is poor coding, and lack of interest in fixing by Tesla, hard to tell which or both

Even in comparison to a typical rain sensor implementation using refracted light to determine rain condition, the new hw 4.0 camera resolution should be able to quite easily determine rain saturation and adjust the auto wipers - this is poor coding, and lack of interest in fixing by Tesla, hard to tell which or both
I agree. A a retired computer guy, I can tell that the software, or something, is defective.

It also occurred to me that it might simply be caused by bad engineering - relying on a poorly designed & implemented system which just isn't capable of working they way they envisioned it in the first place..