Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wing mirror cosmetic repair suggestions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello community!

Hoping some kind soul can advise here.

Our MY was reversing in a tight space, and the left wing mirror was scratched 😭😭😭

Are there any recommended solutions in UK for filling the gap and touching up the paint?

I’ve had a look at Chipex, which seems to have kits with everything I need. Good option maybe? 😩

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpeg
    IMG_1280.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 20
I don't think you could build up that gouge with touch up paint, would need to be filled I suspect.
agree. That looks a bit deep for just paint without filler.
given its an isolated part. I would be tempted to fill it and spray the whole mirror. Preferably off the car.
Someone like chips away could probably do it for you.

You can buy carbon fibre style covers for about £25 a pair. that might be an option

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Rikachu you will probably be surprised to find how much simple jobs like this actually cost now, too.

Keeping an eye on eBay might be an idea too. I believe 1495593-00-A is the part number for the skull cap.

Quick search of the web found this too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006343864681.html. Can't vouch for the quality of that pattern part, but maybe worth a punt. Also I think they've got the part number wrong there (right side P/N I think).

First port of call would be to take it down to a spray shop I think and get a quote - that'll give you an idea of expected costs.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Rikachu
Upvote 0
Are there any recommended solutions in UK
How about these ones? - And then sort out once you have enough work in the car to do etc.,? or handing over at the end of lease/PCP and so on? It costs less than £20.

Reactions: Thp3 and Rikachu
Upvote 0
Phwoaaaaar!!! Many options - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Totally forgotten about AliExpress, even made an order on there recently 😅

I think I'll order a replacement skull cap from there for now, then in 2.5yrs time... when the lease ends, I'll fork out the cash for whatever other repairs need doing.

T'was a silly mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel
Upvote 0
Phwoaaaaar!!! Many options - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Totally forgotten about AliExpress, even made an order on there recently 😅

I think I'll order a replacement skull cap from there for now, then in 2.5yrs time... when the lease ends, I'll fork out the cash for whatever other repairs need doing.

T'was a silly mistake.
I used these people who are based in Lithuania and sell spares (if in stock). I got a fog light (OEM) from them and was Brand new for £120, my old one had been hit and fogged up after so needed replacing. Delivery was very fast, around 5 days to UK and was really well packed.

Email them with your part number and they can inform you if they can get the item and how much they will charge you.

• Love
Reactions: Rikachu
Upvote 0
I used these people who are based in Lithuania and sell spares (if in stock). I got a fog light (OEM) from them and was Brand new for £120, my old one had been hit and fogged up after so needed replacing. Delivery was very fast, around 5 days to UK and was really well packed.

Email them with your part number and they can inform you if they can get the item and how much they will charge you.

Presumably its best not to ask where they actually get their stock from? 🤔

Upvote 0
Imagine the irony if “my rear light was stolen and I needed a replacement. I managed to get a replacement from …”
Not many Tesla's stolen so maybe I was being unfair. A lot get written off though with very little wrong with them. I even saw a you tube video in a write off storage area where there were a couple of written off cars that were being shipped from the US to Eastern Europe for breaking. So that may be the source

Upvote 0
Presumably its best not to ask where they actually get their stock from? 🤔
Totally legitimate, They got the parts from their mate who knows a man, who knows a man and his brother is based in Russia... - "joke"

Imported materials are fine and not to be stereotyped.

I believe they get there parts from totalled/written off cars, you will notice some parts advertised will have cosmetic damage on them. They strip it down and sell the parts. Companies here do this also, (Ebay has a few of these companies) but will charge you lot more.

Anyway back on to my Chinese laptop to work while sipping my Columbian coffee, need to make a call on my "Made in California" phone....really!

Reactions: Durzel
Upvote 0