Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter 2023 update sucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove from Florida to Indiana last week, 4 charges in my long range. (Same as last year) while I was there I did the winter update and on the way back has taken 8 charges!!! Wtf!? How do I fix this? Has added almost 6 hours to an 18 hour ride.

I drove from Florida to Indiana last week, 4 charges in my long range. (Same as last year) while I was there I did the winter update and on the way back has taken 8 charges!!! Wtf!? How do I fix this? Has added almost 6 hours to an 18 hour ride.
I think you have another issue?

I’ve not experienced range or seat problems. Others here are not complaining about those issues either.

Such as? I've had my car a year. My range increased like it said it would. The car driven twice in Indiana before driving home. The o my thing that has changed was the update
It's possible that it's a map issue. It's telling me to charge at 30%, 40% and random numbers when there should be chargers when I get down to 20 or less. I was having to find super chargers while driving. Seems like it would be awesome if they could have a preset "find supercharger along route" so I'm not typing on the screen at 3am

It's possible that it's a map issue. It's telling me to charge at 30%, 40% and random numbers when there should be chargers when I get down to 20 or less. I was having to find super chargers while driving. Seems like it would be awesome if they could have a preset "find supercharger along route" so I'm not typing on the screen at 3am
You may be on to something. My last update (after skipping updates for months) definitely changed the trip planner estimates. Before the update, the estimates were very pessimistic - so much so I would leave the supercharger when the trip planner said I would arrive at the destination with negative charge at the destination, but I would still arrive at 10+%. Now the planner is spot-on to the mile/percent, which is amazing.
So, they have definitely been doinking around with the range estimator and you may be seeing the effects.
I've been adding my own SC stops to the trip, rather than using the suggested ones. I haven't been on any very long trips, though.

Yea mine was working perfectly. Even allowed me to make it to a charger with -4% (dead serious, it's as if having the stop planned allows the charge to last to get there. Could be why we never see dead teslas on the road)
But mine went from perfect to this trash. I've had it a year and an half and I have put 34,500 miles on it by myself. (From fl to nc to Indiana a few times) So I am super familiar with what it always has lasted vs what it's crapped out as after this Update. It was making a sound that is new too. Sounded like the predator breathing when I charged. lol. Still doing it randomly. Only since this update tho.

What version of software did you get? There were several bug fix versions released (2023.44.30.5.1 and 2023.44.30.1 are the latest) - possibly it was already fixed in a later update?

Fwiw, I just got a notification to install 2023.44.30.7. I was on 2023.44.30.6.

IMG_0329.png

25-40%+ is what it was wanting me to charge at. The weather has all been over 32° the entire time.
Sorry but with this comment and your previous running it to -4% to the SC makes me believe you really are not fully understanding how this tech works. Yes if your only charging 25-40% you Will require Many stops! It’s a suggestion not a law. Running it to Negative percentages you will certainly have much bigger issues sooner then later. I go to Jax F often and top off to 90+ percent at each stop. This ensures fewer stops And allows the battery to condition (heat) prior to charger arrival for a quick fill up. There is likely nothing wrong with the “Holiday” software update.

Sorry but with this comment and your previous running it to -4% to the SC makes me believe you really are not fully understanding how this tech works. Yes if your only charging 25-40% you Will require Many stops! It’s a suggestion not a law. Running it to Negative percentages you will certainly have much bigger issues sooner then later. I go to Jax F often and top off to 90+ percent at each stop. This ensures fewer stops And allows the battery to condition (heat) prior to charger arrival for a quick fill up. There is likely nothing wrong with the “Holiday” software update.
Reading this one single comment instead of everything else really isn't helpful for the situation. I didn't stop in charge anytime unnecessarily. I'm well aware of how the technology works. I'm also well aware that you're not supposed to charge unless it's under 20%. What I was referring to is what the actual vehicle was telling me to do. I'm well aware that it's not a law. The only time it was ever ran and are negative percentage, was when there was absolutely nothing available. When it calculated my stop it it calculated it at 15%, once I arrived at the charger station that none of them were working, I had no choice but to continue my drive. And it took me there. So please don't read one single comment and think that you know the entire conversation because all you did was annoy the *sugar* out of me Good day . I it seems like I'm not the only one that's had this problem so, maybe you should do a little bit more research before you get on here and just run your mouth. I've talked to other people in different forums that have had the very same issue. So if your vehicle wasn't affected by it, that's fabulous. Good for you

• Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS