Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tyres vs Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You lift by jack points and protective device such as jack pucks which are basically small blocks with a locating lug that keeps them accurately positioned over the lift point. You need 4 or using a whole car lift, or 1 if just lifting one corner.
Torque is 129 lb.ft or 175Nm
Its all in the manual
what's not in the manual is how to get 4 filthy wheels inside the car - it is possible

what's not in the manual is how to get 4 filthy wheels inside the car - it is possible

If the back seats are down the wheels fit upright, side by side, across the width of the back of the car. Using that method you have to put them in via the back doors. The parcel shelf then supports them at the back and they remain in place pretty well. I used a couple of large dust sheets to protect all surfaces but extreme care is needed to avoid brushing against the interior trim/roof lining at the door opening. Ideally wheel/tyre bags or enormous plastic bags (if anyone makes them big enough) would be best ... I didn't have bags but only made one slight dirt mark that was easily rubbed off with interior trim cleaner.

I was only manhandling the tyres themselves so that is easier weight wise. I should imagine that the weight of wheels and tyres combined makes careful placement more of a challenge!