Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blade Replacement Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the PIAA from CravenSpeed. Yes, easy to install, but I found that the passenger side was short on the far right/top by about 1", and the driver side was short at the left/bottom side by about 1".
Interesting. I wonder if they changed something... I just got back from picking up the kids, and it was raining... I saw that the SiTech that I have, they go all the way to the edge of the window on both driver and passenger side. I wonder if Tesla changed the arms or something? (My car was born in June'21)

These are the proper size and plug right in with the appropriate adapter already in place. Installed this morning. Driver side 26" / passenger side 20" -- Replaced my OEM blades and ensured they were the correct size.

Are you still happy with the Aerotwin?

Interesting. I wonder if they changed something... I just got back from picking up the kids, and it was raining... I saw that the SiTech that I have, they go all the way to the edge of the window on both driver and passenger side. I wonder if Tesla changed the arms or something? (My car was born in June'21)
Well, I see CravenSpeed sent me a 19" for my passenger side. It's spec'ed for a 20".

I bought from Aero Wipers for years for my 2018 Model 3's and worked with them to add the correct sizes for 2022 Model Y.

For 2022 Y, the correct adapter is the PTB 16mm (narrow). My 2018 M3 used the 19mm PTB connector. Not sure when they changed it or on which models, but these blades come with both adapters. You should be able to tell any auto parts store this and the length to get compatible blades, but I recommend Aero because you can buy replacement edges from them, greatly reducing costs and waste. No need to replace the bracket unless it breaks.

Also, I live in VT and these work well all year round. I got my Y in December and the wipers immediately failed to clear the cold, salty mist we get from other cars here even on a clear day in the winter no matter how much fluid I used. So, even if Tesla happens to be in stock on these, the OEM part is junk anyway. Maybe they work well if you live in Southern CA?

There is no excuse for this information to not be easily found in the manual. Tesla is so terrible at the most basic custom communication.

I bought from Aero Wipers for years for my 2018 Model 3's and worked with them to add the correct sizes for 2022 Model Y.

For 2022 Y, the correct adapter is the PTB 16mm (narrow). My 2018 M3 used the 19mm PTB connector. Not sure when they changed it or on which models, but these blades come with both adapters. You should be able to tell any auto parts store this and the length to get compatible blades, but I recommend Aero because you can buy replacement edges from them, greatly reducing costs and waste. No need to replace the bracket unless it breaks.

Also, I live in VT and these work well all year round. I got my Y in December and the wipers immediately failed to clear the cold, salty mist we get from other cars here even on a clear day in the winter no matter how much fluid I used. So, even if Tesla happens to be in stock on these, the OEM part is junk anyway. Maybe they work well if you live in Southern CA?

There is no excuse for this information to not be easily found in the manual. Tesla is so terrible at the most basic custom communication.
Just bought these for our next ski trip to Lake Placid. Hopefully, they will do better than the OEM ones. I feel like I use an entire bottle of wiper fluid clearing off the road salt. You have the Bosch Aerotwin 3397007088 correct? We have a Late April 2021 MY with the new spray nozzle so I imagine we have the same wiper arms

I bought a PIAA si tech set but 26, 20 (model Y seems to be 26 20. model 3 is 26 19) they fit perfectly, except the passenger side rub a little with the hood. On close inspection the arm seem bent a little bit upwards (more like twisted really), seems to be a common thing for 2020's. some people are getting the wiper arm replaced by service center. I apply the recommended force fix and problem solved. today was a rainy day in VA, the worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
I bought a PIAA si tech set but 26, 20 (model Y seems to be 26 20. model 3 is 26 19) they fit perfectly, except the passenger side rub a little with the hood. On close inspection the arm seem bent a little bit upwards (more like twisted really), seems to be a common thing for 2020's. some people are getting the wiper arm replaced by service center. I apply the recommended force fix and problem solved. today was a rainy day in VA, the worked flawlessly.
What's the force fix?

Where did you get the 20" one with the right clip? The Cravenspeed set comes with a 19".

Reactions: 101dals
Craven was sold out so I got them separately from Amazon. I researched a little bit and the reason others kits does not include the Model Y in their list is because the pass side is 20 instead of 19. Remember, You need to use Adapter B and you may need to clip one wing to make room for the spray nozzle in the arm, just make sure your are clipping the correct one. Also, some may have a bent wiper arm (mine was) that will make the passenger side to rub with the hood. Nothing a little force cannot solve. is not much of a difference, but the tolerance on that side of the hood is tight.

Reactions: HeyEph
These are the proper size and plug right in with the appropriate adapter already in place. Installed this morning. Driver side 26" / passenger side 20" -- Replaced my OEM blades and ensured they were the correct size.

I can't get these to go in for the life of me. Was it a tight squeeze?