Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Nozzle Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have problem with my windshield wiper nozzles. They are not useful at all (linear wash). Very hard to adjust (Mostly cant adjust). And closest service center is 2k km away from me! (No ranger service too)

I dont know what to do. Maybe i should change them to spray version but i dont have the parts and dont know how to do it :(

Any suggestion about my situation?

Thanks!

Which type of nozzle do you have?

The early production cars had two single spray nozzles on the left and right sides of the windshield. I found those nozzles (on our VIN 3xxx S P85) would often get out of adjustment moving too high or low to be useful. With patience, I was able to adjust those myself, which required opening the hood, using a pin to slightly shift the nozzles, and then running a spray to test position. NOTE that this process can take a while to get it in a good position.

Newer cars have a "fan spray" which seems to be more effective. I paid for the upgrade to the newer nozzles on our S P85 and our new S 100D has the new nozzles. I haven't had to adjust either, so far.

Which type of nozzle do you have?

The early production cars had two single spray nozzles on the left and right sides of the windshield. I found those nozzles (on our VIN 3xxx S P85) would often get out of adjustment moving too high or low to be useful. With patience, I was able to adjust those myself, which required opening the hood, using a pin to slightly shift the nozzles, and then running a spray to test position. NOTE that this process can take a while to get it in a good position.

Newer cars have a "fan spray" which seems to be more effective. I paid for the upgrade to the newer nozzles on our S P85 and our new S 100D has the new nozzles. I haven't had to adjust either, so far.

The early one i got. (2013) I also tried with opening hood but cant even see nozzle on opened hood? Any pictures or videos of adjustment do you have?

My all glass roof gets a good wash (along with the driver's side). If I have the fan nozzles, they still suck. Tesla has the WORST windshield wiper/sprayer combo I've seen. The wiper motors are loud. I'm coming from a Nissan LEAF, so its not like I'm comparing Tesla to the top cars out there.

That being said, the spray stream is so powerful it sprays all over the place and with enough fluid (wasteful) it does the job. Adjusting the spray isn't helpful because there is so a divergence from what you need while car is moving vs. spray while standing still (at a light). While moving the air pushes the stream to the lower half of the windshield. While still, it sprays over the car. There is no winning.

My all glass roof gets a good wash (along with the driver's side). If I have the fan nozzles, they still suck. Tesla has the WORST windshield wiper/sprayer combo I've seen. The wiper motors are loud. I'm coming from a Nissan LEAF, so its not like I'm comparing Tesla to the top cars out there.

That being said, the spray stream is so powerful it sprays all over the place and with enough fluid (wasteful) it does the job. Adjusting the spray isn't helpful because there is so a divergence from what you need while car is moving vs. spray while standing still (at a light). While moving the air pushes the stream to the lower half of the windshield. While still, it sprays over the car. There is no winning.

Yup, been there, done that. Our 10 year old car before I sold it (different manufacturer) was so quiet with the wipers, we couldn't hear them. I noticed on the Tesla that so much fluid was spraying over top of the car that another car at least 100 feet behind me on the interstate had to turn on his wipers. NO KIDDING.

Reactions: croman
Yup, been there, done that. Our 10 year old car before I sold it (different manufacturer) was so quiet with the wipers, we couldn't hear them. I noticed on the Tesla that so much fluid was spraying over top of the car that another car at least 100 feet behind me on the interstate had to turn on his wipers. NO KIDDING.

Yup. I'm not sure why Tesla can't do the little common things right with autos.

That being said, I'm glad we can find humor in it.

Reactions: FlyF4
Yup. I'm not sure why Tesla can't do the little common things right with autos.
That being said, I'm glad we can find humor in it.
No Croman, it is perfectly designed.:D Didn't Tesla advertise that as being the "considerate driver wiper" feature. We help spray the windshield of those cars behind us whom have sprayers that don't work at all ? :rolleyes: