Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Washer Adjustment Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nozzles are a little stiff but I have some success using just my fingernails. I’ve also used small flat head screw drivers to adjust the angle, but very gently as to not scratch the nozzle or the plastic housing.
I had to use a mirror to have a look at the wiper housing. (Kind of dumb of Tesla not to allow the wipers to move farther away from the windshield.) I couldn't see where the fluid comes out. Could you please describe what you were adjusting? thanks

I had to use a mirror to have a look at the wiper housing. (Kind of dumb of Tesla not to allow the wipers to move farther away from the windshield.) I couldn't see where the fluid comes out. Could you please describe what you were adjusting? thanks
You can put the wipers into service mode to get better access.
5B7D0C78-7B50-485E-8230-2449F3170D5B.jpeg

Is there more than one nozzle? I can only one pointing out the end.

Also, any trick to getting the blade off? The right side slides right off after pushing the button but the left side stops after about 1/2 ". Stops right after the button completely slide under the mechanism.

I believe I've heard that the best way to adjust small nozzles without breaking them is to use a needle. Insert the needle in the hole and gently adjust it. IF the needle cannot enter easily, it's too big. The most important thing is to be gentle with these small things.
Is there more than one nozzle on each arm? I can only see one pointing up. Is there also one to hit the lower part of the windshield? If so maybe mine isn't working at all. I do have a problem with it. I can't get the blade off so maybe something is messed in there.

Is there more than one nozzle on each arm? I can only see one pointing up. Is there also one to hit the lower part of the windshield? If so maybe mine isn't working at all. I do have a problem with it. I can't get the blade off so maybe something is messed in there.
Mine has 4 nozzles per blade, 2 on each direction. All on the top half so the blade pushes the fluid up.

can you see the spraying? Particularly on the lower part of the window? I see none
Plenty of sprays. There are no nozzles on the lower half of the wipers.

The reason I need to adjust mine was one of the driver side nozzle was aiming away from the glass and basically spraying the next lane. I made some adjustment by eyes and then used my phone slow mo video to confirm if more adjustment was needed.

can you see the spraying? Particularly on the lower part of the window? I see none
The spray patterns are not the traditional, aim up at multiple points of windshields and wipers push the fluid left or right.

Instead, the fluid is sprayed at the area just in front of the wipers and then the wipers push the large amount of fluid all the way through their wiping motion. Meaning, you won’t see any spray directly on the windshield when you sit in the car.