Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers too fast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have found that slow moving wipers tend to stutter or jump. Of course if they only wiped once every ten seconds that might help, but the wipers can't see how much drizzle is on your window, so once every ten seconds could be too slow, or still too fast. A quick swipe keeps the window dry, which is what you want anyway.

I suppose other car makers have wipers that are able to do a better job, but Tesla wipers seem to work well with the drizzles we get here in CA.

• Disagree
Reactions: ev_go123
My Tesla is the first car I've owned in many years where the Auto-wiper setting is useless. It's basically a Med-Low-Med-High switch. I use the single-press windshield clear in all but moderate to heavy rain. I had a M3 and it was the same, however those wipers also stutterEd across the glass in all speeds and rain conditions. Thankfully the MS doesn't have that issue, as well.

Reactions: Barry
Why can't add one more slower speed?
So strange, the lowest of the 3 is not slow enough and my auto wipers over wipe most all of the time. I feel like this is a safety issue with FSD forcing autowipers. Worst part of the car for me for sure. So simple youd think

I bet the hardware prevents a 4th or 5th speed or intermittent slowest speeds. I can not believe more owners don't care more, I think its because autowipers work better for some then others.

Why not add a autowiper sensativity setting?

Does Elon ever respond to tweets about this????

Last edited:
From reading the anecdotal reports here on TMC over the years, this seems to be another case in which the first version of AutoPilot was better than the newer cars. As I understand it, the MP1 cars have a separate sensor for rain, whereas the later cars do not (at least on Model S). The auto wiper function is not great on my 2015, but I find it satisfactory. By coincidence, I was on a long drive yesterday that involved intermittent mist, fog, light rain and some heavy downpours, and left them set on one of the auto settings for the entire time. The wiper blades were juddering a bit during the lighter rain, which may mean I need to replace the blades.