Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wire transfer before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just curious if anyone sent their wire transfer before their delivery appointment…

Ideally I could have the wire sent prior to delivery but the transfer isn’t finalized until I accepted delivery.

This possible?
Don’t do it. DO. NOT. DO IT.

Never pay Tesla until you physically see the vehicle and they hand you the keys.

Lol didn’t see this until too late. I wired mine today before a Saturday delivery. my first model s in 2016 it had to be done this way, my closest service center was 200 miles away so they brought it to me on a flatbed. I inspected, took photos, and sent them to my advisor who set up a service appointment a few months later when a service center opened closer to me, and they took care of everything. I didn’t even think twice about doing it again, until I read this…lol.

Reactions: corydorning
I have to fly to NJ to get mine and drive it back to NH. How do I pay in person? Wire isn’t instant so do I inspect, wire and wait potentially hours for the wire to go through? Can I write them a personal check?

I have to fly to NJ to get mine and drive it back to NH. How do I pay in person? Wire isn’t instant so do I inspect, wire and wait potentially hours for the wire to go through? Can I write them a personal check?
No personal check. Either a cashiers check made out to Tesla inc. an electronic debit through the plaid service in the app, or a wire transfer from the bank.

Just bring cashier's check made out to Tesla. I did that on the 2 that I picked up and there was no problem. They took the checks and gave me a receipt for the car stamped PAID. I drove home. No hassle, no delay.

Good luck.