Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there: I just graduated from the Waiting Room to being a proud owner of new M3 SR+.

I am having the same problem with wireless charging. I have Pixel 4 and my wife has iPhone 11. Not working for either - both case-less and with case.

Not a big deal since I can charge with the USB-c cable but still curious why it is not working.

Same issue! Picked up my M3P last Friday (Sept 24)... Driver side cuts in and out... passenger side seems to be working consistently. Phone is an iPhone XS Max that I wireless charge regularly on my desk at work or at home without issues so I'm thinking it's the car...

Hi there: I just graduated from the Waiting Room to being a proud owner of new M3 SR+.

I am having the same problem with wireless charging. I have Pixel 4 and my wife has iPhone 11. Not working for either - both case-less and with case.

Not a big deal since I can charge with the USB-c cable but still curious why it is not working.

Update: My work iPhone 11 is charging fine - in fact quite well. In 20 mins, it went from 51% to 68%. So now the problem is only with Pixel 4. Not sure if the problem is specifically with the Pixel phone (maybe too weak)

For those with the new wireless pads (2021+ I believe), try this: Tesla Charging Mounts | My Site

I have the older wireless pad with in an iPhone SE and found that an 8mm boost in height using a crayon works well.
Crayons aye, could be a bit of a problem in hot weather
Might end up with an impromptu art installation
Cabin over heat protection - on should be safe right
Maybe invest in some high temp crayons just to be safe

After being frustrated I made a service request. Tech came out checked wiring and mentioned it sometimes takes a few days for phone to adapt to the charging pads. Sounded strange but it started working. Both my phone and wife’s have been working. Give it a few days if not request service. Hope this helps.
This has been my experience. I recently upgraded my iPhone 11 to the much larger 13 Pro Max, and it charged sporadically as described. This went on for about the first day. But one day later all is well, even in a case.

New to the forum just got my M3 yesterday and still exploring features. One problem I’ve encountered is the wireless charging function doesn’t work continuously. Charges for a few seconds and stops. I’ve taken my IPhone SE out of the case but still not charging. Would like to avoid using a lighting cable if possible. Any suggestions or known fix would be appreciated.
I just got my 2020 M3 & found the same problem. I unplugged the charging port and let it stay unplugged for about 5 minutes and plugged it back in. Shut down my phone and restarted it and placed my phone on the charging pad without the case (magnetic case- the magnet doesn’t allow the wireless charging to work) and it’s charging now…

I've had the same wireless charging problem with our MYLR delivered in August this year. My iphone SE charges for a minute and then stops. Service replaced the wireless charger (had to replace the entire console which seemed absurd design) but problem continues. My son's new iphone 12 same problem. Frustrating because when having to use a usb cable the phone won't stay in the caddy/space.

I've had the same wireless charging problem with our MYLR delivered in August this year. My iphone SE charges for a minute and then stops. Service replaced the wireless charger (had to replace the entire console which seemed absurd design) but problem continues. My son's new iphone 12 same problem. Frustrating because when having to use a usb cable the phone won't stay in the caddy/space.
I have the same problem; my workaround is to place a small 8mm wide tube (pencil or crayon normally does the trick), and I get charging all the time. Not ideal but I think it’s just poor design.

You could try this: Tesla Charging Mounts | My Site

Reactions: ELECDRM
I have the same problem; my workaround is to place a small 8mm wide tube (pencil or crayon normally does the trick), and I get charging all the time. Not ideal but I think it’s just poor design.

You could try this: Tesla Charging Mounts | My Site
I'll definitely be trying this out with iPhone 12. Both of my charging pad's sides cut in and out regularly. I have a dead AA battery here that I'm going to use later. I will try to remember to report back with my findings. If it works, I might order that product you linked to and try that.

Reactions: ELECDRM
I'll definitely be trying this out with iPhone 12. Both of my charging pad's sides cut in and out regularly. I have a dead AA battery here that I'm going to use later. I will try to remember to report back with my findings. If it works, I might order that product you linked to and try that.
Update: AA battery makes the phone sit up too high for my iPhone 12 to charge (maybe better for a 12/13 Mini). I now have a Bic pen resting there and the phone will charge, but I'm not sure if it helped at all because the phone still stops charging after a while on both sides of my charger.

Hello all, I have a 2021 Model YP, the drivers side charge pad does only charges for a few seconds then quits but the passenger side charges with no problems. Has anyone experienced something similar? If so, did service at Tesla fix the issue?