Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wireless phone charger/stand doesn't allow for cables

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone (OnePlus 6) doesn't support wireless charging.

According to the owners manual, there are cable paths to add a cable and drop your phone on. The paths are there (even a place for the connector) but there are no holes in the cover for connectors to poke though.

Am I missing something? I'll probably just run a cord next to the front cover, so I can hold the phone plugged in, but trying to figure out Tesla's "plan".
full

My "solution" was to use a magnetic window mount for the phone like I did in my previous car.

I don't often need to charge the phone while driving (no Android Auto draining power), and I found that I often forgot my black phone on the black stand when leaving the car. Now it's right by the door and I don't forget it.

Yeah, I have the same problem with my Model Y. They filled the slots where the cables are suppose to go with wireless gadget. Quick fix is to get an L-shape USB connector if your phone isn't too high. My phone is a long note 9, and it works. The cable will still need to reroute via door. A fancier solution is to look for a Model 3 owner who purchased a wireless pad and ask to purchase old wired pad.

Both Jeda and another one (can't remember) both seem to have issues. I'm holding out for a better solution that what seems to be available now. But them mine (Pixel 3) does charge mostly. The otterbox case pushes it a bit far away and I don't always get a charge going.

actually I don't think that is true. There are ports for charging. A lot of modern devices are using USB-C so providing an 'A' and a 'C' makes some sense. My gripe is there aren't enough. With the extras like the cam, they should have provided more. Perhaps more in the console. And made those data ports not just charging ports.