Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wish i knew model 3 Would of dropped $3000 or would of waited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is why companies do not advertise price drops in advance. Most specifically note "not applicable for prior orders".

Sometimes Tesla has adjusted pricing on cars ordered, but not yet delivered.

Consumers benefit when they have a price protected earlier order when prices go up prior to delivery. Tesla still honors the lower contracted pricing.

totally annoying..bought in march...have 1100 kms on it...to bad cant do a price adjustment or atleast tesla maybe give 3000 in upgrade..if i knew this bs of price going down 3000 dollars..would of waited til the next quarter ...

Although I feel your pain, be glad you bought a Tesla. The price of a leaf or bolt can change by 5000 bucks from dealer to dealer. And the dickering you need to do just to get that.

I think autocorrect changed your “haves” to “of’s” in your title. Might want to get the mod to correct that for you. Reads funny.

You are suffering from FIA (Forum Induced Anxiety).

Potential owners read all the complaints from posters and fear that all the cars will be this way.

Reality is that some are better than others and everyone hopes they will get one of the best ones.

Loosing out on the Tesla experience by worrying about minor paint issues or a mis-aligned body panel will often cause you to suffer from an even greater worry FOMA.

Ordering a new car is often a leap of faith. If you are fearful you will also suffer from loss.

Which model dropped $3k? I’ve been out of the loop lately. I’m going to assume it was an S or X?

That’s how it goes man. I can buy an AWD LR Model 3 for the price I paid for my RWD LR 3 today. Just the nature of the beast with Tesla. I enjoy my car and don’t regret the purchase. It’s fun being able to kick out the rear end sometimes which can’t easily be done on the AWD.

Prices fluctuate due to effiencies on their end, demand or currency. Just have to enjoy what you have now and when you want to buy again just wait till end of the quarter for their inventory deals.

Cheers.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Which model dropped $3k? I’ve been out of the loop lately. I’m going to assume it was an S or X?

That’s how it goes man. I can buy an AWD LR Model 3 for the price I paid for my RWD LR 3 today. Just the nature of the beast with Tesla. I enjoy my car and don’t regret the purchase. It’s fun being able to kick out the rear end sometimes which can’t easily be done on the AWD.

Prices fluctuate due to effiencies on their end, demand or currency. Just have to enjoy what you have now and when you want to buy again just wait till end of the quarter for their inventory deals.

Cheers.
The 3's dropped $3K, the S and X dropped about $5k, or so I have heard.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
totally annoying..bought in march...have 1100 kms on it...to bad cant do a price adjustment or atleast tesla maybe give 3000 in upgrade..if i knew this bs of price going down 3000 dollars..would of waited til the next quarter ...

Living one’s life based on “coulda, shoulda, woulda” is a plan for living dissatisfied.

I couldn’t tell you what I paid for my TM3 or what the same car would cost now. Once I buy something, I forget the price. That deal is done.

If I didn’t think the deal was worth it, I would not have made the purchase.

If the purchase was worth it, it doesn’t matter if there is a price change.