Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish it had a dead pedal on the go pedal side!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What with adaptive cruise control for the highway and stop and go traffic, and the fact that it holds itself at lights and stop signs, I keep wishing there was somewhere to rest my right foot.

Holding it up over the pedals is tiring, and i like having my foot more quickly accessable then when i bend my knee and put my foot flat on the floor.

Anyone else wish there were two dead pedals?

I agree they should think about this. I've always thought they should open up the driver/passenger foot well by eliminating part of the center console. I suppose there's a bit of a safety risk though (having that area open to passengers). I'd love to be able to stretch my right leg into that area though.

It's a good point, and a sign of the future where the controls of a car will be very different. I don't see all the controls going away anytime soon since full autonomous driving seems so far away to me, but I do see them changing in the interim to some new form of input devices where you make the driving decisions and then tell the computer where you want it to go and how you want to drive (i.e. your driving style).

So a second dead pedal makes sense, and they probably need to rethink the center console so you have more room to have that pedal. At least they don't have to move a gas engine/transmission to get that extra foot room.

WLeQGKf.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: strykeroz
Is this what you had? The only image I could find of a 2017 Tiguan. Also this is RHD. The area to the right of the accelerator doesn't look like it's intended to be used as a dead pedal, though it certainly could be.
View attachment 497574

I had a hunt through the pics from the three years I owned the car but didn't have any shots of my own. I found this pic on a review. It didn't have the same texture as the other dead pedal but it absolutely was a dead pedal for the right foot. There was plenty of difference in terms of space and depth that I never had an issue between it and the accelerator (and that's even wearing wide Doc Martens). I had a Skoda Superb and an Octavia before then that also had Adaptive Cruise that didn't have this additional area.

tiguan-allspace-vwtg-20.jpg