Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

with the Price Cut fun/drama begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not really, unless you are one of those who will not buy another Tesla because of this price drop, which is very silly. People buy cars based on money/value and tech/performance, not how they adjust prices.
I think you mentioned it right now, money/value. If the brand is able to easily cut prices down, what is the actual value of the current MSRP?

It's kind of like shopping any other brands. We all have some sort of a feeling towards the brand. Example, Toyota/Lexus is viewed as reliable cars but boring, BMW is viewed as a driver's car but not reliable. Whether is true or not, it still is a factor. So if Tesla is going to continue rubber banding prices, which is definitely their choice, it becomes a factor for when people decide on dropping $ on their next purchase.

I don't think it's drama, just a bunch of buyer's remorse. I get the whole it's a business angle, but it definitely will hurt the brand's image for those that will be buying another car sometime down the line and picking between Tesla vs. others.
The whole market was nuts last year. My wife’s 11-old car was giving her problems and she needed a new car ASAP. She was considering other EV’s and those companies were charging “market adjustments” of $+6k. I urged her to get a Tesla once the prices starting creeping past $50k for a VW, Hyundai or KIA. We paid $64k for a MYLR. I still think we made the right decision. I’m just bummed about paying $9k more than my next door neighbor😡

actually the price has almost normalized to 2020-with the massive price cut, Fed & State incentive-mass ordering, waiting -the real fun begins.
Agreed. Like most retailers with high demand, Tesla raised prices to increase profits last year. Now with high interest rates and sales decreasing, Tesla is lowering prices to increase demand. This is normal business behavior.

My take on the whole price drop drama, but what the hell do I know!

The price drop sucks no doubt. But I love my car and plan to drive it for several more years so it is not a huge deal for me.

I did already have GAP because my CU offered at a stupid price when I got the car and it was silly to not buy it. I don't qualify for the tax credit so it was never a factor.

I understand the frustration, and it would be nice if they would have used some lube, but it is what it is...