Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wonder why the 97 corridor from Canadian border thru Omak and Okanogan is being ignored?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okanogan, WA is supposed to get a Supercharger install sometime in 2024. That puts it in the middle of existing stations at Entiat, WA and Osoyoss, BC.

In my mind there's lots of secondary highway corridors that are devoid of Superchargers.

Theory: Tesla is concentrating their expansion of Supercharger resources to areas which have the most traffic first, dictated by the existence or feasibility of adding electrical capacity to support those Superchargers.

Last edited:
Okanogan, WA is supposed to get a Supercharger install sometime in 2024. That puts it in the middle of existing stations at Entiat, WA and Osoyoss, BC.

In my mind there's lots of secondary highway corridors that are devoid of Superchargers.

Theory: Tesla is concentrating their expansion of Supercharger resources to areas which have the most traffic first, dictated by the existence or feasibility of adding electrical capacity to support those Superchargers.
I kinda wish they'd focus more on making more routes possible than adding capacity to urban routes especially with CT coming out. I'm happier as a consumer knowing I can make most of the same trips as gas cars (without level 2 or stupid inconveniences) than knowing I might have to wait at densely populated areas sometimes but that's probably not a shared opinion with most.

That location has been on the soon map for a couple years now, go east toward Republic and Kettle Falls and you're just on your own out there. A fair amount of the state in Northern Central and Eastern WA you really can't comfortably visit in a Tesla unless you plan your trip with enough overnight level 2 charging to continue your trip.

Reactions: bruce4000