Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would love to be able to set different warm up climate timers for different days of the week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. I find I turn it on at different times right now and stuck with weekly/weekdays and mixed delay between the app properly turning it off and on force me to keep double checking I set it in the winter.

I've done a bit more automation recently to so I can use Siri Shortcuts to do some of this as a workaround. Iowa Tesla Guy does a decent video on it, but if you aren't super familiar with it or don't have a iPhone then I'm not sure what's avail elsewhere.

I downloaded a "get the car ready" iOS shortcut from reddit. I modified it to use the Watch for Tesla shortcuts instead of what it used because I find it better. This shortcut reads the local weather and sets the interior temp, seat heaters, steering wheel heater, and defrost based on that. You could use this with iOS personal automations to run this at different times of the day/week.

Was thinking this as well.

Wife works MWF.

Another, related one is one-time schedules. Often I go on weekend trips and would love to be able to just add a scheduled event the night before.

I’ve been hesitant to run third party apps because the API is so wide open. The recent hack via a flaw in a 3rd party tool only makes me hesitate more.

Definitely feasible. There are already apps out there that provide such functionality.
Third party apps currently require granting a lot more privileges to my car then I am willing to deal with.

If Tesla improves 3rd party support which lets me limit what the app sees/ controls, and makes it easier to integrate them, it would be a lot more interesting.

Third party apps currently require granting a lot more privileges to my car then I am willing to deal with.

If Tesla improves 3rd party support which lets me limit what the app sees/ controls, and makes it easier to integrate them, it would be a lot more interesting.
Though I use Stats, my point was actually that Tesla already has the APIs set up to handle the feature, hence the "Definitely feasible" comment. I wasn't really recommending use of 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Ogre