Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Accept a Demo/Service Loaner ?

Would you accept it

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes, with a discount

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my MVPA today for my M3 MR to be delivered this coming Tuesday. On the MVPA, under 'description of propery':

New - Previous service/demo vehicle​

with 50 miles on the odometer. Would you accept this car for full retail price? Not sure how I feel about it. I know the not-very-kind ways I've treated demo/service vehicles before.....but at the same time, if the car makes it up to my house from Fremont with only 50 miles on the clock, its only been driven 25 miles as a service/demo, and it obviously has a warranty and I'll inspect it.

Would you take the car? Or demand a new one? (it has a 2018 date code for the VIN - but I'm going to keep it until it stops running, so the potential change in resale isn't relevant to me).

This status is also given to cars that were built for someone specifically and they rejected delivery or their financing fell through or some other reason. However, being that it's a 2018, you can get something for free. Paint color/wheels.

Reactions: Gpa9504
This status is also given to cars that were built for someone specifically and they rejected delivery or their financing fell through or some other reason. However, being that it's a 2018, you can get something for free. Paint color/wheels.

Interesting - I'll ask them about that status.

I dont care about a paint color or wheels, but I might ask for FSD or something.

We bought a service loaner Model S back in December and are thrilled with it (of course, we got a discount over new). The beauty of electric is that unless they smashed into something, the car won't let them hurt it mechanically. Unlike in an ICE where they could redline it when cold and not broken in, slam gears, etc.

It's also possible that it doesn't have that many miles on it and it's just a stock entry. Find out for sure, inspect the car for any curb rash or anything, and ask for something. FSD costs Tesla nothing since it's just a software license. Seems fair.

>the beauty of electric is that unless they smashed into something, the car won't let them hurt it mechanically.

Thats true for the drivetain, but not for the interior components that can develop rapid rattles with hundreds of people getting in and out

Reactions: Gpa9504
I just got my MVPA today for my M3 MR to be delivered this coming Tuesday. On the MVPA, under 'description of propery':

with 50 miles on the odometer. Would you accept this car for full retail price? Not sure how I feel about it. I know the not-very-kind ways I've treated demo/service vehicles before.....but at the same time, if the car makes it up to my house from Fremont with only 50 miles on the clock, its only been driven 25 miles as a service/demo, and it obviously has a warranty and I'll inspect it.

Would you take the car? Or demand a new one? (it has a 2018 date code for the VIN - but I'm going to keep it until it stops running, so the potential change in resale isn't relevant to me).
did they inform you prior that you were getting a demo? if not, then I wouldn't accept it. Demo vehicles are fine as you can expect a new car with full warranty and such, but at this point they're giving incentives for 2018 demo inventory vehicles. Ask for a discount if you're accepting it.

Yup I did today and will pick up Friday. 60 miles on the ODO.

When I picked up my car there was very little SOC. I waited for a Supercharger stall to open and of course got dinged for the cost to charge. Ain’t right.