Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy an Apple Car?

Would you consider this?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been in the Apple ecosystem forever. Id consider the Apple car. Would you. All depends on charging infrastructure for me.
Apple Car: It's no secret, Apple's actively working on Car tech
There is no "MAYBE", so I chose NO.

I know Apple makes exceptional products, been using them since a brat with Apple ][+ and still own the revolutionary PowerBook 500 and G3 "Pismo".
But I am also a realist and pragmatic and know the complexity of production and the exceedingly high bar Tesla has put, so high all the established auto makers are panicking. It will be incredible feat to make a car better, and soon.

Being someone who is locked in to their ecosystem doesn't the idea of an Apple car worry you a bit? What if it turns out like Apple Maps, or the butterfly keyboard? V1 Apple products tend to have... issues.

Have you managed to avoid any of the recalls? My wife had a lot of battery problems with her iPhones over the years, as well as general problems with them getting too hot to touch and stuff like that. The support experience was extremely poor, basically denial until eventually they acknowledged it and did a repair programme. Had to fight them to refund the service fees they had already charged us though.
Maybe they'll put the charge plug underneath the car like they do with their computer mice. Or charge $90,000 for the car but $20,000 for the iWheels like they did the mac pro display.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
I have to disagree with some of the above posters.
If there is anyone that can give Tesla a run for it’s money, it’s Apple. Granted a car is different, but Apple has tremendous expertise in supply chain management and building very high quality products that mostly work seamlessly. Not to mention their cash war-chest of hundreds of billions and a very strong brand. The day Apple announces their vehicle, every automaker’s stock will fall, including Tesla’s. They are like Amazon, you better hope you never have to compete with them…