Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you even try to use autopilot on CA17 to Santa Cruz?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attack replies turned him off and OP is likely considering non Tesla vehicles for purchase in the non near future.

They didnt even See a post past post #5, because they havent been on TMC (at least as that user name) since before post #5 was posted, so I believe this is not very likely. There was not a single post before or up to post #5 that looks even a little bit like a "attack".

jay-ca.JPG

Nope, no f-ing way! Too many bozo drivers.FSD isn’t going to save you from their stupidity!
Actually today my FSDb stabbed the brakes over 17 when a landscaping truck plus trailer merged into me with the rear corner of the trailer.

Certainly, it will not travel with the 65 mph traffic over highway 17 very well, but it does pretty well at 55 and sometimes 60 mph. It still needs coaxing with acceleration more than anything around sharp turns.

Actually today my FSDb stabbed the brakes over 17 when a landscaping truck plus trailer merged into me with the rear corner of the trailer.

Yeah, that happens a lot on that road, with the curves. Trucks have trouble staying in their lanes. They badly need about a six-lane bore straight through those mountains. It really is rather unsafe to have large trucks on that road.

Certainly, it will not travel with the 65 mph traffic over highway 17 very well, but it does pretty well at 55 and sometimes 60 mph. It still needs coaxing with acceleration more than anything around sharp turns.
I believe that FSDb has a bright future. Especially if vehicles are networking and cooperating instead of racing. I’m a 25 year veteran of “Blood Alley” with no accidents, but countless avoidances. Highway 9 was frequently an alternative despite its drawbacks. I typically drove those roads off-peak so there was some possibility of enjoying the drive.