Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Prefer A Solid Roof?

Solid Roof Or Glass?

• Solid

Votes: 96 40.3%
  • Glass

Votes: 142 59.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it. I have never removed a headliner, but it makes sense to support the (steel – See fixed!), otherwise, one cat would dent it.

So my answer is now. Steel roof, just designed better, so that a cat won't dent it. I love how typing stuff, makes engineering easy. ;)
Yup, I am quoting myself, just to atone my use of "steal" when it should have been steel. Geesh, I wish we could edit our posts for at least a day or so. I may drive fast, I mean drive a fast car, but sometimes I need a bit longer to put together cognitive thoughts, that are 1. cognitive, and 2. have most things spelled and used correctly.

Who am I kidding. The whole thing was poorly worded.

Apparently, one of the Tesla drivers at the reveal event said that there will be fixed glass, metal and pano options. The latter would be akin to a sunroof.
I see. Well it really depends on the price then. I want sunroof-style functionality, but it's going to take a back seat to things like larger battery and possibly all wheel drive if it makes the car faster. I can't drive a slow car, and (hate to tell Elon) 6 seconds to 60MPH is still slow. 5.2 seconds to 60MPH would be fine for what the car is, although there are currently gas-powered cars in the same or lower price range that are faster (Subaru WRX, Ford Focus RS, Ford Mustang GT, etc.). I'm coming from a moderately quick E46 MBW M3 that can get to 60MPH in a hair under 5 seconds.

To add all 3 would surely drive the car up out of my price range.