Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you rather...2017 Inventory MS 75D or Used Panamera 4S

2017 MS 75D or 2015 Porsche Panamera 4S

• 2017 MS 75D

Votes: 110 94.8%
  • 2015 Porsche Panamera 4S Certified Used

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded a Panamera for my 90D and sold it to my mother. Sometimes I drive it, and there's no way I would switch back. The screen size is tiny and the gears feels now like something that belongs to the past. IMO Panamera beats model S only in driving position and interior quality.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
The problem in asking a question like this in a Porsche or any ICE car forum is, many owners in those forums have never driven, let alone owned a Tesla or any performance EV. For that matter those ICE heads probably have only heard about nothing but the usual FUD like how EVs take a long time to charge and brings range anxiety and useless in a track.

So asking a question on which one to choose - a P100D or Panamera - is kind of useless.

Reactions: GSP
I was in the same boat last month. I really like the Panamera it looks great and its a Porsche something I have always wanted. I went down for a test drive and as the Turbo was a bit out of my budget I didnt think the non turbo was all that impressive. Seating for 4 was also a concern as was the slate of buttons many of which control the same thing. The sun roof was pretty small and it still has a healthy thirst for gas. I did the math and in my situation the gas savings from my wife driving my 2014 jeep rubicon unlimited, trading in, and driving my 2014 e350 75 miles a day and the fact I spend 100+ per month in the car pool lane even with the uptick in insurance it comes out cheaper to go with the Model S. Cant wait to get my S75 soon!

Reactions: EnjoyingLife
At the end of my lease on a 2013 Panamera S, I went through the decision process on what to replace it with. The Tesla was not even on my list because of price. I liked the Panamera but there were some quirks that really bothered me. The PCM (their electronic control system) was frustrating to use. In three years I could never reliably sync a phone. On the plus side it was a pleasure to drive but it was a very heavy car (it was the 8 cyl) and could pass anything.

At the time that I was looking, the new Panamera model S had just been introduced and I would have probably considered it had it been available in a reasonable time frame. This was in August last year and they were quoting January or February delivery. I was not considering another first generation Panamera.

In September last year Tesla was really pushing deliveries and making pretty good deals on Inventory Model S's. I found a inventory MS75D that was pretty close to what I was looking for and was almost $10K off of list. With the tax credit this put the Tesla closer to my budget. I took it on an extended test drive and I was sold.

I have been driving it for almost a year now and I never looked back. I have put more miles on it in one year than I did in 18 months on the Panamera. Range anxiety has gone away but I still have to plan trips more carefully. Charging at the Auburn AL Supercharger adds about an hour to my trip down to Destin FL but I love every minute of it.

Bottom line, get the Tesla.

So I was surprised by the amount of commons on this thread! Thanks everyone! Rather you voted for Tesla or otherwise, it was still interesting to see the split. Honestly, I didn't think it would come to 5 vs 95%. I thought it would be more like 3 to 97%. Perhaps with time, it might end up being that.

If you were contemplating the as-yet-unreleased but stunning Porsche Mission-e, I would say go for it! I can't really say that about a used Panamera though. The Panamera seems like it is on the cusp of being obsolete due to its complex hybrid gas/electric power train. I really like the simplicity of a pure electric drive train. Based on that, my admittedly biased vote is for the Tesla.

Reactions: EnjoyingLife
I just spent a bunch of time in a 2017 Panamera 4.....WOW! That touchscreen is nicely integrated and styled perfectly into the dash...leather interior felt so nice...very premium/luxurious. The glass roof didn't feel as open as I would have expected. Engine startup was cool...deep/throaty. If I was about to drop 100k on batteries...I'd also give the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid a look...at least you'll get a feel for what kind of luxury you'd get for 100k.