Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you take a demo of your exact configuration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings - I've been getting a bit antsy with my MYP order and have been in pretty much weekly dialog with my SA about other potential options out there. Lo and behold, he called me today and said that there is a local demo that just became available with only 73 miles on it. Late March build, so it has the Ryzen processor and all of the newish stuff.

Again, doesn't really need to be transited either, as its only about 20 miles away. They are also knocking $500 off the price (most they can do right now apparently since most people are jumping at them for MSRP).

Would you guys jump on something like this or is a demo just a non-starter?

Last edited:
Reactions: BMWY
Greetings - I've been getting a bit antsy with my MYP order and have been in pretty much weekly dialog with my SA about other potential options out there. Lo and behold, he called me today and said that there is a local demo that just became available with only 73 miles on it. Late March build, so it has the Ryzen processor and all of the newish stuff. Again, doesn't really need to be transited either, as its only about 20 miles away. They are also knocking $500 off the price (most they can do right now apparently since most people are jumping at them for MSRP).

Would you guys jump on something like this or is a demo just a non-starter?
If it’s all your desired specs, I’d be all over it. Like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Why? Your new order is coming in June. If you so much as find a scratch or fingerprint after purchase you will forever be upset you didn’t wait. If it was 3-5k sure. $500 for an unknown vehicle return in 73 miles. Yeah no.

with only 73 miles on it, you should be fine. My guess is it mainly sat in the showroom. Fwiw, I’m weighing getting an M3P demo with 500 miles on it and would have snatched it instantly with only 73 lmao

I'd be a bit surprise if a demo only had 73 miles on it. If I'm not mistaken, they seem to run 'em for at least a thousand miles. Gotta wonder if it was a customer refusal.
I wonder about this too. Usually Tesla dumps demos around 1,000 miles so they can still sell them as “new”. After a certain number of miles cars new cars can’t be sold as unregistered/new. Seventy-three miles seems way too low for a demo but anything is possible. We are not even near EOQ so there’s no pressure to unload demos to pump up numbers.

I wonder about this too. Usually Tesla dumps demos around 1,000 miles so they can still sell them as “new”. After a certain number of miles cars new cars can’t be sold as unregistered/new. Seventy-three miles seems way too low for a demo but anything is possible. We are not even near EOQ so there’s no pressure to unload demos to pump up numbers.
I'll have to press them a bit more on it tomorrow, but they were very adamant that it was a demo with only 73 miles. Perhaps too good to be true.