Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow...Tesla service really is that bad....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my new MY, documented various delivery issues. I even had the salesman sign a document that they would agree to fix them and provide a loaner. Booked the service visit and it was one month out. I made a video on my phone of all the issues, then had the sales manager smile at the video, state his name and agree that everything would be fixed at no expense to myself.

Dropped my car off yesterday at the service center. Three employees say behind their desks, did not even look up to assist me which was not a good start...

They then tried to play the game where they are not sure if everything would be covered. I then showed them the signed letter from the sales manager, they called over to the sales center, than agreed to cover it. They even suggested the headliner grease stains should be my responsibility to have cleaned.

Of course no loaner was available, then I can tell my car has sat in their lot and they have not yet touched it for service. Then I get a text they are backed up, yada yada yada.

Service rep calls me this morning, they fixed basically 1 of the 9 issues, need to order parts, parts on back order yada yada yada.

Tried every way in the book to get out of the panel gaps telling me they are within tolerance.

Needless to say, the service has lived up to what I have read. I had a Model X on order for my wife that we just cancelled. We can not have two cars that rely on the same horrible service process.

On a side note, I described this whole ordeal to my brother who is a class action attorney and he said Tesla is basically putting a class action lawsuit on a silver platter and waiting for an attorney like him to grab it and go after them. He was also going to get a Tesla and is now thinking about the Ford Mach since he assumes that Ford will deliver a car in perfect condition and have a reasonable service process.
Fortunately that has not been my experience.