Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapped side cameras and now getting error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been doing a chrome delete on my new model 3 and after completing the side cameras I am now getting the error message "blindspot detection limited, camera visibility reduced" error message.

I have cleaned all my cameras and sensors, power cycled the car, and even tried the soft reset. Nothing seems to have resolved the issue. For what it is worth I am running 8.5.

Anyone experience this same issue?

I have been doing a chrome delete on my new model 3 and after completing the side cameras I am now getting the error message "blindspot detection limited, camera visibility reduced" error message.

There is a discussion about it here that starts with 8.2 and transitions on to 8.5:

Blindspot Detection Reduced 2019.8.2 | Tesla

One poster mentioned the error clearing when files were deleted from the flash drive, others have posted replacing the "side repeater".

I have cleaned all my cameras and sensors, power cycled the car, and even tried the soft reset. Nothing seems to have resolved the issue. For what it is worth I am running 8.5.

Did you remove the cameras and unplug them when you were wrapping it? If so I also had this message after plugging them back in. Didn’t think the message was going to go away but after a few days it finally did. I don't know if its a recalibrating period it has to go though after its unplugged and plugged back in or what.

Did you remove the cameras and unplug them when you were wrapping it? If so I also had this message after plugging them back in. Didn’t think the message was going to go away but after a few days it finally did. I don't know if its a recalibrating period it has to go though after its unplugged and plugged back in or what.
Yes. I had one of the side cameras replaced and got an error like that for a few days. It finally went away. I think there is even something in the manual about "self-calibrating".

I did remove the cameras. Triple checked all the connections to make sure things were tight. How many miles did you drive before the error went away or was it time dependent?

This is a known issue happening to many people, including me. Not because of wrapping, but somehow the side cameras are failing after recent software updates. Tesla did a remote diagnostic, found the issue, and mobile tech came and replaced the repeater. No issues since.

This is a known issue happening to many people, including me. Not because of wrapping, but somehow the side cameras are failing after recent software updates. Tesla did a remote diagnostic, found the issue, and mobile tech came and replaced the repeater. No issues since.

How did you go about getting a remote diagnostic? I submitted a service request but wasn’t aware of that option.

I did remove the cameras. Triple checked all the connections to make sure things were tight. How many miles did you drive before the error went away or was it time dependent?

I don’t know the exact mileage it took because after a day of driving I got frustrated with it and removed them again to make sure the connections were secure. So I could have reset them causing it to take even longer. If I were to guess it was less than 100 miles.