TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wrong dust cover for tow hitch?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by luckyruby, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. luckyruby

luckyruby Member

I have a 90D with towing package (VIN 3xxx, April delivery). My dust cover looks different than what's in the manual and from pics I've seen like Bonnie's Sig 2. Did I get the wrong cover or did they update the design?

Attached Files:

2. Phil Seastrand

That's what mine looks like too. I believe they swapped fastener after early builds.

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

It must be an upgraded design. I must have an older one, because mine only has one fastener- which, by the way, is hard to use when trying to replace the cover.

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Are those pins easy to remove? They look like the ones holding the front -under-bumper cover which are not meant for frequent use. The original single difficult to use pin has a slot so it can be turned with the hitch key.

5. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

I was told this is an updated design. The clips are not hard to remove, although require the use of a small flat screwdriver to lift the heads out of the fastener. This seems more secure than the single twist locking fastener.

• Informative x 1
  6. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

I keep a small flathead screwdriver with my hitch which makes the pins easy to remove.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. That's what mine looks like too.