Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong heater/AC vents blowing randomly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 model S. The wrong heater/AC vents are blowing. Sometimes the Heater/AC will blow on my feet or the windshield even though I have selected the mid vents. Switching to the floor vent will some times get the mid vents to work but very little at the floor. Changing fan speed or recirculation has no effect. Reducing the temperature seams to get the mid vents working again but not consistently. The problem will frequently resolve itself if I leave the car for half an hour or so. Seams to be happening more often. No wierd noises or warning messages. I have tried a manual shut off with no effect. Please help.

When it happens, are you certain that it is not set to Auto? and that windshield cooling/heating is not enabled? The Auto setting (which is too easy to activate on a Model S with a right thumb) may override your vent selections.

Not on auto. Although I have tried auto to see if it would help and the results are mixed. I have scan my tesla and it indicates the correct vents are on when I press them on the screen but air will be blowing out another. Also disconnecting the 12 volt also seems to resolved the issue for a while.

Well I know I can do that. But I would prefer to diagnose and trouble shoot the issue myself with the forums help. I have done my own custom turbo manifolds, tuning and datalogging and lots of swaps so I should be capable of doing this with some direction.