Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong Rims on Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 M3P
Software 2022.40.4.1
iOS Up to Date

My rims on the Tesla App dont match what I have configured within the car screen. My car came with 20” Uberturbines and app and dash display have matched until about 1-2 months ago, the Tesla App would show the 20” Zero G rims while waiting for app to connect to car and then rims would suddenly change to Uberturbines once connected.

Recently past 1-2 weeks, car in Tesla app is stuck on Zero G rims even when connected to car. Tried changing dash display rims to different rims and they all function correctly in the Tesla App except when I select Uberturbines it goes back to Zero G rims.

Same problem is seen with my wifes phone when she connects to my car through the app.

Re-install of app on my phone nets same issue.

Attachments

• 09AB4C3D-5304-4A63-B767-34815FD9D01F.jpeg
    09AB4C3D-5304-4A63-B767-34815FD9D01F.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 421
  • 5712E35A-BCA4-4720-AAD5-315E2CE11EE1.jpeg
    5712E35A-BCA4-4720-AAD5-315E2CE11EE1.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 239
Yep, happens on my car when the Uberturbines are selected. I am currently on 18s for winter, and it is not an issue right now.

I do want to the ZeroG wheels pretty bad. So maybe ill just have to get them!

I added some air in all four tires yesterday morning with a new Tesla air pump on my 2021 Model 3 Sport. When I finished and went to drive the car I noticed that my wheels had changed on the car‘s screen and on my iPhone app as well. I have reset the wheels to the 20“ Uberturbines on the car but the the app is still showing the Zero G rims. I deleted the Tesla app off my phone and reinstalled and still having the same issue. I did notice as the some “noise” from each of the tires as I was topping off the air in each tire didn’t worry about it. Grrrrr….

Same thing happened to me just after getting updated to 2022.40.4 last week. The phone app reset itself and then I immediately noticed the Zero-G wheels. Sure wish those were an option besides the Uberturbines when we placed the orders. Has anyone figured out a fix?? Maybe change to other wheels in the car configurator then back to Uberturbines? I have rebooted my phone, uninstalled the app and rebooted the car OS holding the steering wheel buttons and my app still has the Zero-G wheels. They look so good I'm thinking of ordering some now!

Attachments

• IMG_6813.PNG
    IMG_6813.PNG
    436.9 KB · Views: 219
Same thing happened to me just after getting updated to 2022.40.4 last week. The phone app reset itself and then I immediately noticed the Zero-G wheels. Sure wish those were an option besides the Uberturbines when we placed the orders. Has anyone figured out a fix?? Maybe change to other wheels in the car configurator then back to Uberturbines? I have rebooted my phone, uninstalled the app and rebooted the car OS holding the steering wheel buttons and my app still has the Zero-G wheels. They look so good I'm thinking of ordering some now!

Same here, it was the 2022.40.4 update that caused the incorrect wheels to show up in the app. That update also introduced a delay when charging, after I plug in my Wall Connector, the screen displays "charging stopped" for anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds before it starts to charge. Couple folks over in the model Y section reporting the same. I'm starting to think Elon took the QC team over to Twitter with him?

Reactions: duplantisjj
I think ever since I got 2022.40 (currently am on 2022.40.4.1) my app shows my car on Zero-G wheels, yet in-car (and actually on my car) shows Ubertines. I am on the latest app 4.14.4. Obviously not a huge deal, but for some reason it's been bothering me today 🤣. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, I meant 2022.40 in the title, brain fart.

Thanks.

Reactions: DownshiftDre
I think ever since I got 2022.40 (currently am on 2022.40.4.1) my app shows my car on Zero-G wheels, yet in-car (and actually on my car) shows Ubertines. I am on the latest app 4.14.4. Obviously not a huge deal, but for some reason it's been bothering me today 🤣. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, I meant 2022.40 in the title, brain fart.

Thanks.
My post was merged into this thread, fyi. I guess it’s a bug, as I suspected. Hopefully there will a fix soon.

No good progress with Mobile Service. They didnt deliver new Zero G wheels to me and trying a hard reset with the High Voltage and Low Voltage disconnects still yielded illusionary Zero G rims in the Tesla App. “Wait for a software update”

It could be worse. At least car is not pink in the app.

Reactions: duplantisjj
No good progress with Mobile Service. They didnt deliver new Zero G wheels to me and trying a hard reset with the High Voltage and Low Voltage disconnects still yielded illusionary Zero G rims in the Tesla App. “Wait for a software update”

It could be worse. At least car is not pink in the app.
Haha, I made my car pink on purpose.

I guess we all kinda assumed this would require an sw update. Thanks for sharing.