Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTF - 8000 miles and two tire blowouts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pic

Attachments

• IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 25
42 psi on all 4 tires. First time was a nail, but can’t tell what caused this one. Seems like the tires are too soft. Haven’t gotten a flat tire on my other cars in years. Definitely seems like the tires are prone to this. Going to look at buying a spare so we don’t have to rely on Tesla towing to the dealer and charging $500 for new tires.

I wonder if the very high weight of the cars makes them more prone to picking up nails and such. I recently had my first puncture (a screw) in many decades that have included a lot of driving around construction sites. I sense that people report a really unnatural number of tire punctures in tires on Teslas.

Are you driving past construction sites on a regular basis? I've adjusted my commute after picking up flats in my other car. There are lots of high rises going up around where I work and they're not always careful.

I wonder if the very high weight of the cars makes them more prone to picking up nails and such. I recently had my first puncture (a screw) in many decades that have included a lot of driving around construction sites. I sense that people report a really unnatural number of tire punctures in tires on Teslas.
Teslas are not very high weight compared to many other vehicles of the same type, so that's not the reason. They do have higher tire pressures than most other vehicles of the same type, though.