Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTF Alignment Estimate from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tenor.gif

On my Mercedes they said it was factory aligned and a kit was needed to make it adjustable. True, I don't know.
This is true for many front strut suspensions these days if you want to adjust camber. From the factory there are regular bolts holding the strut to the hub but they also sell eccentric "crash bolts" that allow adjustment of camber.
Model 3 only have toe adjustment front and rear so really they should be cheaper to align than older cars with more adjustments.

I'm pretty sure they don't want you to use service centers for things that can be done elsewhere like changing tires, rotating your wheels, etc since this clogs up the service center. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to charge over $100 for a simple tire rotation.

Agreed. Considering how busy they are with servicing these cars for the things other shops can’t work on they make these other services cost prohibitive

$516 from Tesla's Costa Mesa service center.:mad: That's frickin nuts! I understand that they align a little differently than your average car, but there's no way it's worth $516.....
I would call back and speak to the Service Manager, that rate is over the top and you can mention that other SC are charging a lot less, and you will check with Corporate.

Fred

Last edited:
Reactions: C141medic