Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WWYD: De-Chroming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrapped the entire car...but before I did the entire car, I did the Chrome Delete including Windows, Handles, Rear Diffuser, and all emblems. Then did the rest of the car and rockers (side panels) and all black plastic. I initially did the Chrome Delete in white, however, it was hard to match the Pearl White, and the first wrapper I chose was cheap and it showed.

Looks amazing! My previous Tesla was solid white and I wrapped the chrome around the nose cone and the taillight chrome piece in matte black and left the chrome in place on the sides of the car. I also wrapped the grey lower plastic rear bumper valance in matte black, in addition to painting all the lower black plastic trim body color (I like to think Tesla was inspired by my take on this on the refresh! ;)) and the car looked amazing.

My new Tesla is a Pearl White refresh car, and I'm really thinking about "de-chroming" it all this time, but am torn between a) matte or gloss (thinking gloss to match the lower valance of the rear bumper which is gloss) and b) what to do with the door handles... your car looks great with matte black against what I think was pearl white originally??

Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions would be welcome.